By cyantist - 23/01/2009 08:24 - United States

Today, I'm sick. I got the flu shot for the first time ever this year and for the first time in my life, I have the flu. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 846
You deserved it 5 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Essentially the INFLUENZA virus is very vicious and can cause intense problems. If you just got the "stomach flu" that actually has NOTHING to do with the flu shot, it's not even the flu. The flu shot itself is supposed to be the flu, except dead or empty shells, which tricks your immune system into seeing it and thinking it's the real thing, so it can figure out what to look for should you actually get Influenza and react quicker. Essentially it IS possible to become infected by having dormant or only half dead virus cells, but the chances are slim. Commonly though, people just refer to the flu as stomach pains and throwing up, and thusly get that after getting a flu shot then think it didn't work. Well the "flu shot" did, you just got somethin else. All in all, as #15 said, the flu shot did nothing to cause this, just coincidental timing.

carriealana 0

This is so so so so so not FML worthy. So you're sick. You got the flu. Welcome to the club, most of us have had it.

Comments

uh, the flu shot works by injecting a small amount of the dormant influenza virus in to you so your immune system can build up the necessary cells to fight it. dumbass.

bakbak_fml 1

The government isnt the most reliable either...

Darten94 0

Lol. Fail he thinks he knows how the vaccine "works" and doesn't know what he's talkin about, and his name is i hate idiots rofl

jdawg2010 0

#2 the flu shot contains the FLU virus but a weakened one. Why would you think that?

Okay bro most of you are dumb i studied most of my life to be a doctor and the flu shot exposes you to the vaccine so you can build up an immunity to it. So there for the flu vaccine can cause you to receive the flu virus.

BeautifulAngel92 0

That's what the shots do essentially.

dgmesa 4

ur so dumb...they give u a lil bit of the flu in the shot so ur body can learn 2 fight it off

dgmesa 4

ur so dumb...they give u a lil bit of the flu in the shot so ur body can learn 2 fight it off