By cyantist - 23/01/2009 08:24 - United States

Today, I'm sick. I got the flu shot for the first time ever this year and for the first time in my life, I have the flu. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 843
You deserved it 5 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Essentially the INFLUENZA virus is very vicious and can cause intense problems. If you just got the "stomach flu" that actually has NOTHING to do with the flu shot, it's not even the flu. The flu shot itself is supposed to be the flu, except dead or empty shells, which tricks your immune system into seeing it and thinking it's the real thing, so it can figure out what to look for should you actually get Influenza and react quicker. Essentially it IS possible to become infected by having dormant or only half dead virus cells, but the chances are slim. Commonly though, people just refer to the flu as stomach pains and throwing up, and thusly get that after getting a flu shot then think it didn't work. Well the "flu shot" did, you just got somethin else. All in all, as #15 said, the flu shot did nothing to cause this, just coincidental timing.

carriealana 0

This is so so so so so not FML worthy. So you're sick. You got the flu. Welcome to the club, most of us have had it.

Comments

giggleluvr7 0

Actually most people who do get the flu shot usually end up with the flu... Except for me. [:

the flu shot usually gives you the flu to build up your imune system against other viruses & sicknesses.

ummm the flu shot is used to bring down your immunity so that you will get the flu so your bodies immunities will actually be stronger. so you should get the flu when you get the shot.

GreenChemicalBoy 0

The flu shot dosn't prevent the flu, it only reduces your cahnce of getting the flu and if you get the flu, it's less severe.

xenomorph 0

Somehow with me, flu shot --> flu.

noobgang7 5

it gives you a mild case so your body can grow more of an immunity to it dumbass, it's normal (at op)

yes u can get the flu from the shot the shot is the flu . u can just get a weaker version of the flu... basically the flu shot is the flu

deliciouscake 3

the act of inoculation is exposing yourself to a small portion of a disease so your immune system can adapt. Chinese used to snort scabs of people who had the disease.

vaccine : a preparation of a weakened or killed virus or bacteria which is said to stimulate the body's natural immune response to said virus or bacteria. (American heritage dictionary, fourth edition) vaccines are not a real immunity. people who have had the mmr vaccine are now getting sick with mumps. there has been a recent outbreak in new York. vaccines are bad for you anyway. the mercury in them is different than that found in fish, and it takes the body about twice as long to motabolize it. mercury kills neurons, inducing lots of mental an physical illnesses (add, ADHD, parkinson's, ms...). the effects of vaccines can occur from day one or up to eighteen years after the shot. Many vaccine related injuries are failed to be reported as such. shaken baby syndrome is often said to be the cause of death (bleeding in the brain, behind the eyes...) of many infants when it is in fact, mercury poisoning.

same happened to me when I got it... and evey one I know