By Tmth - 25/05/2016 22:24

Today, I'm on crutches due to hip surgery. I went to the fridge to grab a bite to eat, but quickly realized if I wanted anything, I would have to eat there. I can't carry anything. Cold leftovers here we go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 363
You deserved it 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had that issue after my ankle surgery, too. Put on an apron and make a pouch or use a grocery bag to carry the things you need to where they need to go.

The solution is simple. Place the fridge on a dolly and roll it everywhere you go. It even fixes the issue of "cold" leftovers. Sure, you might get food poisoning, but risks must be taken for the sake of convenience.

Comments

megnix 8

I learned how to crutch with my armpits so that I could still make use on my hands.

Carry it in your mouth I do this with my hands full all the time

You can use one crutch and hop for very short distances. This should allow you to carry food. Some of the other ideas are great too.

Ali_Br_fml 33

If it were the leg or ankle I'd say go for it, but right after hip surgery, I don't think you should really be hopping. That jarring it would take after each hop would probably be super painful, and slow down their healing process. You can't even turn your legs certain ways or cross your legs after some hip replacement surgeries I've seen. Op may end up losing their balance, falling on it and making it worse. Since they just seemed to find out they can't carry things with crutches, I'm assuming they're very early in their healing process (when they're still super fragile, and everything hurts) so I wouldn't recommend anything that could aggravate it more.

you could like hold the crutch to your side with your elbow and carry something in your hand. sorry if that didn't make sense but I just spent 7 weeks on crutches for knee surgery so you figure things out pretty quickly

just tie a grocery bag to one crutch and you're good! that's what i did after my knee surgery works like a charm.

8313girl 28

That sounds like a sucky situation. You should have family or a friend staying with you to help you out. I remember when I sprained my arm real bad, it was so swollen that I couldn't drive or wash my hair. My dad had to drive me to work and my friends picked me up to take me out. I hope you get better soon.

middlenamefrank 8

I was on crutches for 12 weeks once, and I learned to carry pretty much anything. You need to be more resourceful.

you can do it dude I hope you aren't in too much pain and yeah the crutches suck but at least you don't live in a house full of people who mock your situation