Stranded

By TheLemon - 17/02/2017 04:00 - Turkey - Aydin

Today, I finally had a chance to get outside after receiving shrapnel to my leg. My crutches had not yet arrived so I didn't want to risk it, but my buddies said they had my back. We went to the seaside and I sat down as they say they'd be right back. It started to rain and everyone forgot me. I can stand, but not walk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 039
You deserved it 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friends need a slap to learn to be dependable. It could have been a fire for goodness sake. I hope you got some assistance either way. If you intend to spend more time with them next time just bring your crutches to be on the same side.

melana09 19

Those aren't very good friends. They shouldn't have left you alone in your situation. Hopefully you didn't have to wait long to get the help you needed.

Comments

Your friends need a slap to learn to be dependable. It could have been a fire for goodness sake. I hope you got some assistance either way. If you intend to spend more time with them next time just bring your crutches to be on the same side.

src2499 8

OP's crutches aren't in yet which is why his buddies needed to convince him to get out of the house

awildwhisper 30

Writing an FML in the rain is very suited for the situation. Although save your phone battery before you get a third FML and your phone drains before help comes.

melana09 19

Those aren't very good friends. They shouldn't have left you alone in your situation. Hopefully you didn't have to wait long to get the help you needed.

This is terrible!! Your so-called friends should be ashamed of themselves.

When I was in the USMC they actually stole mine. In the military, they will die for you without a thought, but they will also screw with you just for a giggle.

I'm guessing you got hit with the shrapnel while serving, so I'd just like to say, thank you for your service

alternative-facts 6

You're friends F'ed up, they need to be more accountable. Good news is you can only get so saturated before it stops making a difference. Hopefully they didn't take long to get you, and made up for it.

Next time don't believe your friends. I will never understand people who put so much trust in their friends, I've made that mistake one and haven't done it again. They don't know what you're going through, only you do, so they can't really be sympathetic to your needs. Learn from this, okay?

By your logic, that only the OP knows what they are going through, NO ONE can be sympathetic to anyone else, and therefore you should trust no one. Good friends actually can be sympathetic. You just need to be careful not to trust your total physical well being to "buddies" who you don't know that well.

alternative-facts 6

That's such a negative outlook. Perhaps your friends can't fully understand you, but there's this thing called "empathy." Good friends don't have to feel your pain to sympathize with you. In my opinion, friends like that are rare, but it's great when you have a few in your corner. And you have to put yourself out there or you won't ever find those kind of friends. OP made a mistake by relying on those "buddies." Now he knows, but it doesn't mean he should never ever trust anyone again.