By ohhhemmgee - 06/09/2012 06:39 - United States - Reno

Today, I locked myself out of the house I was house-sitting. An hour later, and my fifth attempt at climbing the fence, I figured I'd try the door one more time. Turns out I was turning the handle the wrong way and the door wasn't locked in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 761
You deserved it 29 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kingotter 4

When one way didn't work you didn't naturally try a different way?

cawoods 1

That's why you have to violently try to turn the knob. Like you need to get in. And you hope that it will open.

Comments

thiscrazything 1

OP's name is Dick (Richard) and that measures how dumb he is. Thanks for the information #18.

BunchieRules 31

18 - Posting an insulting comment, without proofreading for grammatical errors, is just ironic. Better luck next time.

41 - Not only that, the comment just didn't make sense in any way, shape or form.

Just curious, was this just a blond moment or does it happen all the time?

Just curious, do you usually leave stupid comments?

My comment too close to home for you? (rhetorical question) Appears I hit your button. lmao

I would be happy that I got in, without having to break a window or something.(:

easyprey 8

I'm a little ashamed the he was unable to scale a fence. If doors are to troublesome at least be skilled in other forms of entry.

1crabbygirl 10

Yeah, that sounds like a happy end to the story. Oh, and chill out a bit.

They were supposed to be highly intelligent and capable of communication on some level. Says Jurassic Park.

50- In Jurassic Park, they actually did open a (swinging) door to hunt down the kids, so technically, the viloceraptors were able to open a door when OP couldn't.

54- which was the joke. Something the average FML reader doesn't understand apparently, seeing all the thumbs down my comment received. Jesus, Even at 23 I'm old around here.

You shouldn't be house sitting if you don't know how to use a door...

Ok. So how tall is this fence that you failed 5 times at climbing ? And then not know to turn the knob the other direction. Don't tell the homeowners how stupid you are if you ever want to house sit for them again.

it's not about how high it is. some fences have very few places to hold on, making them nearly impossible to climb.