By ohhhemmgee - 06/09/2012 06:39 - United States - Reno

Today, I locked myself out of the house I was house-sitting. An hour later, and my fifth attempt at climbing the fence, I figured I'd try the door one more time. Turns out I was turning the handle the wrong way and the door wasn't locked in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 761
You deserved it 29 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kingotter 4

When one way didn't work you didn't naturally try a different way?

cawoods 1

That's why you have to violently try to turn the knob. Like you need to get in. And you hope that it will open.

Comments

Apparently you didn't read the whole fml.

Obviously your cat's voice needed to be heard. Probably trying to explain the most effective way of entering a building undetected.

I'm confused. I replied to Elegance but my comment is now before their's?

Least you didn't wind up like me. Last time I got locked out I tried to jump through a second story window and woke up in the hospital with a concussion.

What uh... what happened there buddy? Did you jump while typing the comment?

I left the iPod open. Cat was laying on the screen when I walked in and somehow she commented. It was too late to edit. Yeah, I'm confused too.

This reminds me of the tosh.0 episode where the guy can't open the door to the mall.

kingotter 4

When one way didn't work you didn't naturally try a different way?

Caliborn_06 11

Seriously, it's just a doorknob...

Apparently he's not a natural house sitter

KevH88 0

I don't see how you got 16 thumbs down.

KevH88 0

I'm new here lol. Saw the 16 next to the thumbs down icon

cawoods 1

That's why you have to violently try to turn the knob. Like you need to get in. And you hope that it will open.

This made me laugh. I think the conspicuousness of that just may prevent someone from thinking it was a burglar. However, climbing a tree looks a bit odd. Either the neighborhood is very disconnected, or people knew someone was house-sitting, and had entertainment for an hour. TL(and random);DR

nelds 12

I don't see how OP didn't do that. I automatically do that if I can't open a door.

lol Sorry OP, but that's the way shit goes usually. Unless you're bright enough to remember which way your own door knob turns, dipshit.

"House-sitting." It isn't his house so he probably isn't used to turning someone else's knob. I don't see why he would need the knowledge about his own door unless they have similar doorknobs.

I wish people would take the time to understand what the text is actually about, before they start insulting...

I have a set of french doors on the side of my house but it was put in upside down, so you have to turn the handle the oppisite way. I'm so use to turning door handles the correct way that it tricks me everytime. Guess I'm not bright enough to remember..

they were put in… upside down? how? -_-

Yes 39, that is what 28 said. Did you need clarification on anything else?

I'm crying 'cause people are stupid and that makes me sad, muahaha

bugmenotmofo 34
deadxwedding84 5

Aren't you always supposed to try turning it both ways before you give up?

I thumbed you down because of your nicki Minaj picture.

45- unfortunately, these people do make it through high school. However, even the most diligent of instructors cannot extinguish the "muchers".