By emergencyroom - 15/03/2014 12:21 - United States - Parkton

Today, I locked myself out and had to enter my house via the back door. Thinking I was an intruder, my 7-year-old daughter slammed a metal rake into the back of my head. Nice to know she can take care of herself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 454
You deserved it 9 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tpm45 25

Hey, at least she'd have been safe if it was an intruder.

Comments

Nice. You know she's going to be safe. Give her an iron bat though. I prefer ed to have one in my hand whenever a stranger came to my door.

nialls_girl 13

Hey at least you our your husband has taught her well! That sucks though about getting hurt. Hey to feeling better OP!

JokersHQ 21

That sucks but at least she was smart enough to protect herself. Nowadays anything can happen and although your head may hurt, at least you can have a little piece of mind.

How did you lock yourself out with your seven-year-old kid home? Were you leaving her home alone, or did the door accidentally lock? And if you knew she was home (which surely you did, as she's only seven), why not just ring the doorbell or knock? O.o But it's good that she can protect herself. At least she knows what to do in case an intruder does show up.

If she was home, why didn't you just knock or call the house and let her know. A 7, she knows not to tell anyone she's home alone and check the peephole on the door so if she sees her parent, she will let you in... Now if she was in bed I see why you snuck in, but still. Proud of your daughter, but hope you don't hurt too much.

it probably hurts right now, BUT this just goes to show that there is something that you did right cause your daughter knows what to do if an intruder shows up! Don't be too harsh on her, she's a good kid

she doesn't recognize your back head....lol

alex540150 9

If your daughter was inside why not ring the doorbell?!