By emergencyroom - 15/03/2014 12:21 - United States - Parkton

Today, I locked myself out and had to enter my house via the back door. Thinking I was an intruder, my 7-year-old daughter slammed a metal rake into the back of my head. Nice to know she can take care of herself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 454
You deserved it 9 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tpm45 25

Hey, at least she'd have been safe if it was an intruder.

Comments

kacironi 13

at least you know you've raised her right

She would have been safe if it was an intruder ! Sorry OP.

Wow! I like it! Not the fact that you got hurt, but that a child can defend herself. Awesome!

OP, yes the situation sucks but I can't vote FML...all in all it is a good thing, at least she knows and is able to act accordingly in the event of an intruder and unfortunately now a days that is something we have to instill in our chikdren.! heal quickly, and Lmao I hope u told her going forward, intruders yes, mommy/daddy no!

So why didn't you have her open the locked door?

I give you a resounding YDI on three counts: 1. Raising a quick-thinking, courageous 7-year-old who's able and willing to defend her home! 2. Not knocking or ringing the bell. Seriously, when you have a way-above-the-bell-curve kid, you have to treat her more respectfully. And train her as such. 3. You already have the subject for your speech at her wedding. Kudos to you both! Hope your head heals well.

That's the most badass little girl I've heard about all week.