By wow. - 05/05/2014 03:18 - United States - Chicago

Today, I let my sister use my phone to play music in the shower, expecting her to use the speakers I have. She used a ziplock bag with a hole in it to connect her headphones. Now I have a waterlogged phone and my sister still doesn't understand why it didn't work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 623
You deserved it 8 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you tell your parents, and how old is she?

Comments

How old is she? She may have not known what she was doing.

Your sister is an idiot. But if you have speakers, why didn't you ask your sister if she needed those too or tell her that the speakers are in such-and-such a place. Try the rice trick, and if that doesn't work, your sister should buy you a new phone.

askullnamedbilly 33

Because OP's sister can get off her own damn ass and ask for the things she wants. Seriously, why should it be the responsibility of the person you're asking a favor from to make sure YOU remember to get all the things you need? If you forget something, it's your responsibility to go back and ask the person again, especially if that person is your sister and probably lives in the same house. You don't endanger another person's electronics because you were forgetful.

I'm surprised she didn't, you know, die.

Yeah, I'd recommend a Sony phone as well. They are a little bulky, but having a totally waterproof phone is really neat!

Since when do people bring their iPorns into the shower for music? Kids today have such a distorted sense of priorities.

slytherbitch 15

So because I enjoy listening to music while showering, I have a distorted sense of priorities? People have been doing this for ages now, I don't see why it's an issue simply because it's a phone.

askullnamedbilly 33

Bringing a phone into the actual shower and not just the bathroom is pretty stupid, but it does not say anything about the person's priorities. She wasn't trying to check her Facebook because she couldn't bear not to be connected to the Internet for five minutes, she was trying to listen to some music. It's incredibly relaxing, and people have been doing it for decades - that's why a lot of people have a radio in their bathrooms.

Calm your **** people it was a joke.

Sorry ydi for letting someone use your phone in the shower in the first place.

RCP14 6

Someone that does something so dumb has surely done really dumb things in the past, making you equally dumb for letting her anywhere near a shower with your phone!

I'm sure, since you obviously read fml, you kinda knew it would go bad, but was hoping for her to be smart enough to just use speakers.

askullnamedbilly 33

Or just be an adult and ask her to cover repair or replacement costs for the phone she ruined.

Your not supposed to take your phone in while you are showering anyways because of condensation.

I put my Galaxy in a ziplock baggie beforehand. It really does work, making condensation no problem whatsoever.