By anonymous - 09/05/2013 00:07 - United States - Casper

Today, I let my dad put my dollar in the slot machine for me because I'm not old enough to gamble. I won $200 but he kept it because he "put the dollar in the slot machine." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 588
You deserved it 10 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vencku 13

He should at least give you your dollar back. Sorry OP, some people just happen to be pricks.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

break a window & tell him to fix it with your $200

Comments

Haha! Why don't you tell the cops, I'm sure they'd totally help a minor out against s legally gambling adult. Better watch that habit, it can get nasty.

I put the penny in the gum slot, see the gum go round, round, round, round, I get the gum and YOU get the wrapper 'cuz I put the penny in the gum slot!

YDI! Not old enough to gamble, not old enough to win..

There is an age for getting gambling winnings. It's 18 in most jurisdictions. If you gamble a dollar for a kid and give him the winnings, you're both committing a crime.

Unfortunately I can't copypasta links here. So check with your local google. Type in 'legal gambling age usa' and you'll see for yourself that there's not a single state in which it's under 18.

Lol thanks, FML police! You must have a really exciting life :)

I can understand your father's point of view by not giving you the $200 to not endorse a possible gambling habit, but he could atleast, give you your dollar back and some candies or anything..

he taught you a valuable lesson about gambling. always consider the money you spend there gone. plus he gave you life...relax

He should split it. His luck, your dollar.

This stinks. This is the most annoyed I've been reading an FML so far. How can a parent steal from their child?

He'll have to hold on to it for you until you're 21

uhmaizing 3

With 20% monthly compounding

Why is everyone assuming that the OP is a child? All it says is the OP isn't old enough to gamble, that means they could be 17 years 10 months old for all we know. To all those people saying "Well it makes sense, where do you think the OP gets all their stuff?". We don't know because, again, we don't know how old the OP actually is. For all we know the OP has a job and pays for their own bills and such at their house. Hell, they could be paying rent for all we know. There is not enough information for that. Plus, it is not a child's obligation to pay back their parents for food, clothing, and shelter. It is the parents obligation to give those things when they decide to bring another life in the world. You can't demand that somebody pay you back for a life which they never had a say in having. To the OP. That sucks. Hopefully you get your winnings in some for or another.