By why - 05/04/2011 15:25 - United States

Today, I learned that my parents' nickname for my fiancé is "dickwad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 735
You deserved it 6 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Easyaccess 0

maybe ur fiancé really is a dickwad...lol

People are entitled to their own opinions, OP. I say, let your parent's have their own. Anyways back to the topic, how exactly did you found out about the nickname? Did you overheard it or did they spill the beans about it? If the former: You're a ******* eavesdropper. Otherwise, FYL.

Lol that's my sister in laws Nick name for me

Could be worse, he could eat dickwads... Maybe the source of the nickname...

SofaKingFast 0

Oh I see. Dickwad is a type of candy. I would like some dickwad please :p

lilxsexii 4

Welcome to the family, dickwad. (:

My parents didn't like my husband before we got married and they still bitch about him to me when he isn't around. He's a really great guy; super nice, well educated, good job, great husband and father. They don't like him because they were hoping I'd never get married and have children, thus leaving me alone and available to care for them in their golden years. Now I am married and have a child and I will not be available to move back in with them to give them round the clock nursing care and he is the one who wrecked it for them, so they keep trying to get me to dump him and move back in with them (where I can cook and clean for free, just like I did in the old days). Some parents will dislike anyone their kid chooses for reasons that have nothing to do with that person. My parents would have bitched about Prince William. It isn't about who my husband is, it's about them and their needs and me serving them at my own expense.

houstontxmex 0

well I heard them talking about you at the grocery store...they called you a dickwad also.

44, I'm at least glad that you got away from a pair of selfish, bitchy dickwads that unfortunately are your parents. Some people just have kids in order to grow personal slaves... oh the hypocrisy.

Wow, I can't even imagine having parents like that :(

Yes 135, you hit it right on the head. I was essentially a house slave with eating privileges. I was born in the last breath of the age when sons were golden and daughters were chattel. I was very fortunate to earn a scholarship to a university I could otherwise never have gone to (can you imagine parents like mine paying for a girl to go to a good school?). That was the turning point for me because my parents couldn't pull the rug out from under me because they weren't paying and I was 18. I am 50 now and they are still mad that I went to a really good college and my brother, Prince Charming, did not (he scraped through a state school at age 28 after flunking out of five other schools, none of them as good as the one I graduated from). Weirdos.

damnalltheasshol 0

well I guess he is what he eats

don't listen too your family, unless you also think he's a dickwas