By sicky - 27/01/2016 05:02 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I learned that I have a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis so bad it was on the verge of pneumonia. My work won't let me call in sick. I work with kids. Lovely. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 419
You deserved it 1 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And then I bet they'll also say "WHY DID YOU COME INTO WORK SICK? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"

That's a great way to run a company, don't think about the workers or the customers

Comments

PANDORUM89 21

I don't understand what people mean when they say their job won't let them call out. If you are sick, as sick as you claim, then get a damn doctors note. no right to work state or any job can legally fire you for not coming to work if you have physical evidence that you would have endangered others with your illness. So tell them sorry but you will not be in and you will have a doctors note when you return. I've had manipulative little ***** for bosses before where they try to make you feel like you're the worst person in the world. but in all honesty they will survive.

Just don't show up. If you're sick like that they cannot force you to come in. Especially because you work with kids, because then you would be endangering their health as well.

EspyPsyche 11

Call some of the parents of the children and let them know what the company is doing, then go into work anyway. That way they can sue the company when their kids get sick and it won't happen again.

If you know any of the parents of the kids you work with and have their contact information, call them and tell them. Maybe at least they can be a little prepared to have some sick kids I guess. And maybe get your job to get their heads out of their asses.

I've worked in healthcare for 20 years. Most places don't care if you're sick and have policies that discourage calling off because of illness. So we have to come to work sick and expose already sick people, some of whom could become gravely ill, to our germs. Ironically, most of the time we become sick from being around sick people at work.

So... What company is this that gives so little ***** about getting kids sick? I actually want to know.

Get a note from a walk in clinic as your insurance and tell them you're not coming in.

insecurewife07 3

That sucks, and you should rest, but none of those are contagious, so there's not really a problem with you going to work.

#59 The bacteria / viruses that cause them ARE contagious.

I just wouldn't show up and say "Sorry it was better I stayed home." Besides, any company like that probably isn't one worth working.

Wow. Your work place is some kind of messed up. Is there some place that kind of thing can be reported? I imagine parents would be outraged.