By Anonymous - 09/09/2014 16:47 - United States - Miami

Today, I invited my deadbeat dad over for dinner, hoping we could resolve our issues and build a proper relationship. Just minutes after he arrived, I caught him stealing money from my purse. He actually said I owe him for raising me. He ditched my mom and me when I was 5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 926
You deserved it 4 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

smilevue 23

Kudos to you for trying to fix your relationship with your dad. I'm really sorry that he disappointed you though. You don't need him in your life.

Somehow there will be YDIs on this post.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#1 you have to actually have a dad to have "daddy issues" and like OP said her dad hasn't been around.

CallMeWindSock 24

That's not completely true, 27. The absence of a father or father figure can make a huge difference in any person's life, so even if someone never knew their father, they would still lack the experiences you gather from having one, which causes "daddy issues".

#1 Having "daddy issues" is not something to poke fun at. Many people do, but they fail to understand how heartbreaking it would be to be without a father or for the father to be abusive. I'm lucky my dad has been around, but I'd never make fun of those who do have "daddy issues." It's not right.

Sounds like he's more trouble to have around. It's rather noble of you OP to even call him family, let alone pursue a proper relationship with him.

Sounds like he's got his history mixed up...

Somehow there will be YDIs on this post.

People always vote YDI for the hell of it.

I was just about to say the same. Idk how someone could deserve this.

PoisonOrchid 21

Sometimes I hit YDI by accident. Clearly, OP's dad is an asshole and 100% at fault.

I think it's because she actually invited him over despite who he is and what he has done. still not a YDI though, people can always change.

YDI for being such an asshole of a 5 year old.

Punch him in the face then kick his ass out the door

I recommend adding a nut-shot to that too.

smilevue 23

Kudos to you for trying to fix your relationship with your dad. I'm really sorry that he disappointed you though. You don't need him in your life.

Right, I commend her on trying to fix the relationship. Part of me wonders if the dad has a drug problem

PoisonOrchid 21

Agreed. It's really hard as a child not knowing your parent. You always wonder, but sometimes it's honestly for the best. Sounds like OP is better off without her father, as hard as that is to accept.

wow.. call the cops!!! stealing is stealing.

I think you owe him a swift kick to the nuts.

Rayth 19

Personally, I would've kicked him out right there and make sure I don't see him in my life anymore.

Steal money from him, and if he figured out, tell him it's for your mom for raising you

Or something along the lines of "You owe me for NOT raising me" He deprived her of her father.