By gypsy - 24/06/2011 02:00 - Australia

Today, I hired a cleaner to clean my apartment so when my in-laws visited tonight, they wouldn't think I was lazy. I got home from work, the cleaner hadn't shown at all, and my in-laws had arrived early. My mother-in-law is now mopping the floors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 280
You deserved it 37 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

though u tried to solve the issue, tell her nicely that it's not that you're unwilling to clean up it's just that time isn't on your side, I guess

bigmanj28 0

If you work how would you be lazy?

judices 0

why didn't u get to it????? well like first said YDI

LovinglifeX3 0

You deserve it for being not having ur house cleaned in the first place (:

YDI. It is a no brainer that you are an extremely lazy person considering how your mother-in-law is MOPPING THE FLOOR OF YOUR HOUSE while you have the time to come online to submit your "FML". If you really wanted to create a good impression, you would have started cleaning a few days earlier, or at least stopped your mother-in-law from picking up after your mess. You are not the only person in this world who works, but others are still capable of working and doing house chores. It is a choice. Okay, even if you have a really tough job, you should have thought of calling in the cleaner a day or two beforehand in case s/he will not show up.

Given that the mother-in-law showed up early it could be that the OP was not home to help when the cleaning started and now the mother-in-law is refusing to let her help. I've seen that happen. It becomes "Oh I'll take care of this, just stay out of my way."

lisha88 1

never count on other people to do the job for you

MuchDance90s 0

It is nobody's business how you keep your house unless you have small children or animals who would be negatively affected. But at least now you will have a fresh start and maybe be able to keep on top of things. pick even one day a week to do deep cleaning and simply tidy the rest of the days. That is, if you want to change your habits; if you don't care, tell your mother in law thanks but no thanks; it's your home and you're happy with it. :)

that's what you get when you're a lazy bum

I would've done the same thing! Ha abd with my luck it would've look tens times worse than it did before i left for work!

puppy23 3

I thought OP was going to get home to find all his stuff gone, but this is hilarious! lol