By hannibal - 02/11/2010 13:44 - Australia

Today, I heard a loud-speaker announcement in my college that someone had left their car in the car park, still running, with keys in the ignition. I laughed at that person's foolishness until I realised it was mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 846
You deserved it 37 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry, but how does one leave their car when it is running? It boggles my mind.

EngineerJane 0

So glad my car will beep to warn me if the keys are in and the door is opened.

Comments

Arsonnist 3
imright24 0

Still running AND keys in the ignition? What are the odds?

JUST_STFU_N_GTFO 0

That was you? Mind been more careful OP? Gee! You even left your car on neutral! It moved btw, it was in the middle of the parking lot, blocking traffic.

not surprised. who is sober in college? lucky the car wasn't upside down too.

hcovballer247 0

"hahaha what an idiot!!" oh that idiot is youu

This also means somebody rather reported this and had an announcement made than just turn off the car himself? What kind of people are these? Well, the car might have been locked - but then the author would for sure have written about that, too. Locking yourself out of your running car... So I guess it wasn't locked.

RedPillSucks 31

Whomever reported it might not have wanted to be accused of anything. I once did this and was accused of trying to steal the car.

But this can be prevented by just telling some bystander beforehand: "I am going to turn this off now, you're my witness" or something like that. Works like a charm.

******* twat, why do they let people like you drive a car???

xXBlAcKxWiDoWXx 0

This FML was really predictable. :/