By Sadness - 07/10/2013 18:55 - United States - Atlanta

Today, I have been home sick and depressed for so long that I just found Oreo crumbs in my belly button. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 782
You deserved it 17 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd probably feel better if you took a shower and went outside.

Comments

thegreycat_fml 12

Depression sucks- and just to say this so people don't spam OP with it, going outside isn't a magical cure all for depression. OP, you might want to consider investing in a psychiatrist if your depression doesn't go away. Hope you recover.

One doesn't even have to see a psychiatrist, they could simply speak with their regular doctor. Zoloft, Xanax, and other medication can be prescribed by a primary health care provider. But I agree with you, the great outdoors doesn't always fix everything, it could even make the depression worse.

People shouldn't be jumping straight on medication for depression. If a doctor puts a patient on medication without letting them see a mental health care professional (physiologist/physiatrist) then that isn't a very good doctor. Unless OP is extremely suicidal, medication should be the step after therapy.

therapy is usually always the first step to getting better, doctors usually recommend you to a therapist and it helps tremendously (well in my case it did.)

Hey OP. Everyone feels homesick sometimes and the best you could do is just keep your head up(: Feel better. You're not alone on this!

cheshirecat13242 32

Or it could've been the dirt that goes along with such a nasty-ass lifestyle...

Obviously never suffered from depression at any point in your life.

cheshirecat13242 32

Yep, #94--and I said it. Because finding chunks of food large enough to be recognizable in your belly-button (or anywhere, really), is F'ing gross.

perdix 29

Aw, that's sad...it would have been great if you found that great creamy filling in your belly button. Delicious!

Maybe you should get over yourself and do something with your life.

Depression doesn't work that way. You can't just get over it, and most of the time all a depressed person wants is to be able to beat their depression. Even if you are doing something with your life you can still be depressed. Even the most successful people doing meaningful work can get caught in depression.

Damn, why are people so rude in this FML? I'm sure everyone has been depressed at least once in their life.

squideth 18

A lot of people are ***** and seem to think you can just will away mental illness, when, in reality, that's as stupid as trying to will away cancer.

My question is, when was the last time you had Oreos? If It was earlier today that isn't so bad but if we're talking like a week ago....

Ihsan1645 3

Take a shower you ******* slob.

skinnybyotch 16

Quit being so rude you ******* ass!!

I made an account just for this. OP, go find help. I know depressions can soak up all of your time and energy, it takes time to heal, but it can be fixed. Start by trying to get up every morning at a set time, shower and get dressed, even if you're not going anywhere, you'll see a difference in no time.