By Anonymous - 21/08/2019 18:00

Today, I now have been dumped by 4 serious girlfriends in the last 5 years, each of them for the same reason: Being with me would have meant dealing with my mother who, without fail, asked each of them when we planned on marrying and having kids, every single week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 205
You deserved it 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm tempted to say YDI. Time to man up & tell mom to butt the hell out. Use language that will get her attention even if you offend her. Own your own life or she will.

Move out on your own and keep your girlfriend away from your mom. Tell her if she doesn’t behave civilly, she might only get minimal time with her grandkids, if any at all.

Comments

I'm tempted to say YDI. Time to man up & tell mom to butt the hell out. Use language that will get her attention even if you offend her. Own your own life or she will.

OP, your mom seems to have some serious issues with boundaries and basic tact. That crap wasn't funny in 90's sitcoms and it really doesn't go over well now. Time to sit your mom down and explain that her questions are inappropriate, and that she has to respect your relationships and your partners more.

and that she won't get to see your GFs unless she does what you say.

Move out on your own and keep your girlfriend away from your mom. Tell her if she doesn’t behave civilly, she might only get minimal time with her grandkids, if any at all.

This is what you do: ask a gay friend or befriend one and tell him your plan that you are teaching your mom a lesson. Show up at moms house and introduce said gay friend as your Boyfriend and tell your mom that her pressure on previous GFs to get pregnant and get a kid led you down to reconsider your life. Observe.... after a while pretend break up with gay boyfriend and start dating girls again. See if your mom does the same as before...

Or he could act like a grown-up and set his mom boundaries.

not sure why you don't smarten up and keep your friggin mother away from them. ydi

I agree with the others that have said to sit down and talk with your mom. My sister just got engaged and friends/family are asking those questions. Hell, even before they were engaged it was talked about all the time. She definitely needs to learn that boundaries are important. Especially towards YOUR relationships.

Explain to you mother that every time she asks that question, she reduces your chances of having any of that happen. Also you might want to warn your next girlfriend that you mother is going to ask that.

No, you tell your GF to notify you in case she asks behind your back and you cease to let her come in contact with your GF if she doesn't respect your wishes.

Sounds like it was time to set some boundaries with your mom two or three girlfriends ago!

If they spoke up to you first and you didn’t try to stop it, ydi. Nothing like being treated like your life should be arm candy and a baby oven. Especially when you are infertile. Guess the joke was on everyone who asked me.

Tell your mother to STFU. It’s none of her business.