By =( - 05/04/2014 17:48 - United States - Houston

Today, I had to tell my ex that I'm pregnant with his baby. I sent him a casual "Hey :)" text to try to ease into things. He replied, "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?" and ended up threatening to make my life hell if I don't tell my new boyfriend that the child is his. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 730
You deserved it 14 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DNA test, and child support. If he doesn't want to take responsibility for his child, force him.

F her life? No, F the life of the poor soul she's bringing into this world. People really need to start thinking straight before getting into sex. Lives seriously depend on it!

Comments

Philerup31 12

Time to call the Maury show

some of you take these comments way too seriously

I can't tell if the ex is telling OP that she better tell the new boyfriend that the baby is his (as in, for the ex). Or, if he is telling her to claim the baby as the new boyfriend's. From the d-baggy nature of the boyfriends threatening response, I'm assuming it's the later....

Birth control. It's a thing. look it up.

rocker_chick23 27

Birth control can fail. My son is a condom and pill baby. How about you look that up and stop judging, asshole

Judging? on fml? that's all that's going on.

skipper2009 18

Is it in the papers? On the web? Your personal story? If not then shut up. You probably ****** up something anyways. Taking antibiotics, putting the condom on wrong, etc.

sailorarctic 22

YDI for a multitude of reasons. the first being not using protection while you were having sex or/and if you were then YDI for not using plan B when the protection failed. Also, YDI for telling someone news like that via TEXT. Seriously, grow a backbone and dial the number. And finally, the ex has now made it clear he doesn't want the child. If you feel the same then terminate, don't torture yourself or your new Bf by carrying another man's child to term and don't you date lie to your new BF either. However, as sathing as this comment is, I'm not totally heartless. So, in light of that, if you do decide to keep the child then keep those threatening texts as well. they'll come in handy during a court case for either a paternity test/child support or "god forbid" restraining order.

MrsPlague 11

Wow... Are you stupid? Obviously. First of all, let me state that birth control and condoms don't always work. My fiancé and I conceived with both at two separate times (and it was the shot, not the pill). Secondly, plan B is horrible on your body, and isn't very effective if not used hours after. Aside from that, it's disgusting how much people rely on it. Seriously, look up what it does to your body. Instead of looking like an ignorant shit head, why don't you just keep your pathetic mouth shut? Thanks.

"YDI for a multitude of reasons. the first being not using protection while you were having sex or/and if you were then YDI for not using plan B when the protection failed" Perhaps, she wasn't aware the protection failed. A condom doesn't have to visibly tear open in order to allow the semen through. All it takes is one tiny hole letting a few drops through, drops which can easily be masked by vaginal fluids. It's also possible that she was using birth control pills which failed her or spermicide film/fluid which failed. In any case they could have finished up that rousing bout of sex which knocked her OP under the belief that whatever birth control they were using had done its job completely. Also it's possible for Plan B to fail. A few hours can be the difference between it successfully stopping you from getting pregnant and it failing. Damn, a bit late. I was apparently typing at the same time as MrsPlague posted.

MrsPlague 11

OP, every child is a blessing. Even if his/her biological father is a shit piece. **** him, you don't need his help.

rocker_chick23 27

Tell that to a rape/incest victim. I guarantee you will get your ass kicked. I am no ashamed to say I aborted my rapists spawn at 11 years old. That baby would have not been a blessing

rocker_chick23 27

Oh, and before you call me a baby killing baby hater, I want to tell you I have a 5 year old, and I found out I am pregnant tonight and I couldn't be happier.

He sounds horrible but playing devil's advocate, you can't have sex with assholes and when it results in a baby expect him to be positively receptive to it. I hope things do get better though.

ileenefudge 29

I know how this is firsthand Hun, it sucks because as with anything with the government, it's a process so it's best to start right away on that. Oh and keep those messages in case they are needed.

rocker_chick23 27

Wow, there is a lot of **** shaming on this thread. You **** shamers should be ashamed of yourselves judging someone without knowing their story.

flame5768 14

my god. you're comment is so ironic. i can't begin to explain how funny this is.

rocker_chick23 27

I am not the one judging the OP or **** shaming, am I?