By =( - 05/04/2014 17:48 - United States - Houston

Today, I had to tell my ex that I'm pregnant with his baby. I sent him a casual "Hey :)" text to try to ease into things. He replied, "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?" and ended up threatening to make my life hell if I don't tell my new boyfriend that the child is his. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 729
You deserved it 14 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DNA test, and child support. If he doesn't want to take responsibility for his child, force him.

F her life? No, F the life of the poor soul she's bringing into this world. People really need to start thinking straight before getting into sex. Lives seriously depend on it!

Comments

Well no matter, he needs to either give up his parental rights or take responsibility. Knowing who the father is and claiming someone else can in some states be considered fraud and you don't need that. Good luck OP. You and that unborn baby deserve better.

skyeyez9 24

Save the texts, and show it to the judge during court for child support. That will hopefully be used to keep him from having any visitations with his baby. You don't want that type of person around a baby, he may kill him/her out of spite and to hurt you. I have read one too many articles about the biological father murdering his child to get out of child support, or to get revenge on his ex.

ViviMage 38

Do not lie to the current boyfriend that it is his. It's a nightmare down the road for the baby. Child support, adopt out, or end the pregnancy. Your is blackmailing you for the fact HE got you pregnant. Don't waive your legal right to have him support his own flesh! (At least child support if not more actively).

Save all of these texts, screen cap them and email them to yourself. You might need them later if anything goes to court, or worse, if you have to call the cops because your ex is threatening you. Even if you remotely think any bit of him is good (which doesn't sound that way) still SAVE THE MESSAGE. It doesn't hurt to never need them than to wish you had them. Wouldn't hurt to also screen cap what number that came from so if he tried to claim you set him up (changing the name on the number to seem like his) you also have evidence it was from his phone.

flashback_fml 14
Just_a_student 2

Okay so someone here mentioned suing for child support and also full custody. No. You can't take his child away and then require he pay for it for 18 years. We don't know the full story of this conversation or who either parent is as a person so saying that he might hurt the child out of spite is a little presumptuous. A lot of people freak out when they find out they're having a child, especially when it's a child with an ex who (from what this sounds like) is going to just pretend the baby is someone elses. I hope everything works out for you OP I know I don't have the full story so i just hope everything works out for the best interest of the child.

PassiveAggresive 12

Funny thing is, OP never said who broke up with who. To me the "Hey :)" seems like she wasn't worried about messaging him. While he responds asking who it is, cause he might of deleted her number after she dumped him. Suing for child support is the stupidest thing unless you ACTUALLY need it to CARE for the child. So many greedy parents. I moved in with my father when I was 16 and my mother was still taking the child support.

You can have sole custody of a child and still get child support from the other parent, particularly in cases where the now "single" mom is on state assistance. I have sole custody of my daughter, but we have state medical and because of that her father is required to pay child support. I didn't even ask the state to get involved, they just sent us both the paperwork one day. My father's friend also recently got paperwork for a 12 year old boy he didn't even know about because the mother went on state assistance and the state demanded it, even though she didn't want it, now there is $250,000.00 in back due owed by him.

You should make a record of his response and threat towards you if possible. Stuff like this goes a long way when (and if) you get in court over child support and visitation rights.

sounds like my friends situation. You can easily take this to court after proving it's his and force his ass too pay child support. I wish you luck and hope everything works out in the end for you .

He can either do the right thing, be forced to pay for a long time, or go to jail. All that time spent making your life hell could be spent on raising a child.

PassiveAggresive 12

Why would he have to pay? These comments about child support make no sense whatsoever. All he wanted was for the mother to tell her current boyfriend that the child was her ex's.

PassiveAggresive 12

Besides, why would he have to pay for child support? What if they did joint-custody? And what if he doesn't have as much money to provide for the child as the mother an her new boyfriend... What if she doesn't want the child? Then she will be the one paying child support.

TheDrifter 23

Her boyfriend's income is irrelevant unless she marries him. There is less than a 5 percent chance that a father in a contested custody case will gain custody and even less of a chance of him not paying child support. It's basically a fact of life in the modern world that if she proves it's his and demands money and no contact that the court will order what she wishes, regardless of who could better provide for the child.

#47, the ex didn't want OP to tell the current boyfriend that the child belongs to the ex, the ex wanted OP to tell the current boyfriend that the child belongs to the current boyfriend. Presumably so the ex can get out of taking responsibility/paying child support. Which is just wrong, the ex needs to man the **** up.

MrsPlague 11

The only way the guy could get out of child support is by signing all guardianship away OR proving it's not his. But that's it.

PassiveAggresive 12

Have your ex, you, and your new boyfriend have a meeting to discuss the issue. Resolving things work a lot better when you talk them out in a group.