By DumbAndYoung - 26/08/2014 04:17 - United States - Glenpool

Today, I had to go to a public restroom. I have anxiety problems and can't go unless I'm the only one in the room. Another girl came in right after me, and I was waiting for her to leave. She was also waiting. After a while, I left first and had to hold my pee for a few more hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 167
You deserved it 11 322

DumbAndYoung tells us more.

OP here, I can't believe this got posted! First of all, I was at school when this happened, I went during lunch. I left when lunch was about over and I had to go to class. I know I need to overcome my fears, I've been this way for a long time. I'm also very shy. I don't usually tell people about it because they just think it's pathetic or stupid. My anxiety influences actions I make on a daily basis, and it sucks. I appreciate the sympathy, and the tips! I'll definitely keep trying to overcome it.

Top comments

Seems like a good time to learn to get over your anxiety. I hope you eventually overcome it OP.

Comments

lizlala 15

Reason why I love public restrooms in Japan; they have something called "otohime" (sound princess) :D when you sit down, there will automatically be played a flushing sound or something similar to cover up the sound of peeing (etc). This actually helped me get used to using public restrooms :D (I wish all the restrooms in the world could be like that lol)

Heyy I have the same problem it sux If I have to go really bad Ill plug my ear and close my eyes and try to think im at home

I understand the whole "not wanting to pee when people are right there" thing, but everyone has to go. Nobody will judge you for urinating.

Fears are fears, if it's a fear of spiders or people hearing you do your business. I'm guessing you have no fears since you're telling her just to "get over it"

This happened to me sometime last week. I also have bathroom anxiety and I couldn't go until that person left. I walked in while someone was also in there. I didn't go, they didn't go and about 5 minutes later they walked out. If it was me that ruined it, I'm sorry lol

Just go you baby.. Geez. The only FML is because you're a lil bitch..

OP, you know what's weirder and more embarrassing than peeing in a public restroom stall? Anything. Pretty much anything you could possibly do in a public restroom stall is less awkward than peeing. Seriously. What else are you doing there? If you make it sound like you're doing NOTHING, then.. it seems like you came to the restroom just in the hopes of... what? hearing and smelling what other people are doing there? You definitely don't want to be *that* person. I suffer from rather severe anxiety myself. I have to be suffering from some debilitating urgent sudden terrifying diarrhea to poop in a multi-stall public restroom. But peeing doesn't phase me anymore. Because I realized that... a person sitting in a stall making no sound and doing nothing is way way weirder ;) When I have to pee and it's in public and other people are in the restroom, I go in, I pee quickly and efficiently and I hope it's loud so I'm announcing to the restroom "I AM HERE TO PEE. I AM PEEING SO LOUDLY, I AM TOTALLY NOT HERE FOR FUN!" Then I quickly leave the stall--no dilly dallying--wash my hands and exit. I'm not some perverted pee-listener or bathroom lurker. I'm just there to urinate. That's normal. ;) Hahah.. I hope this helps in some way. It probably sounds snarky as ****, but this is honestly the thought process that I use to get through the discomfort of dropping my pants in a public place and performing bodily functions near strangers. It's... just far more normal than giving your bathroom neighbors the impression that you're there for thrills :)

someone should stand right Next to you till you piss yourself.

I'm like that if I have to poop. I cannot poop in a public restroom if someone else is in there

You can overcome that if you gotta go that bad