By DumbAndYoung - 26/08/2014 04:17 - United States - Glenpool

Today, I had to go to a public restroom. I have anxiety problems and can't go unless I'm the only one in the room. Another girl came in right after me, and I was waiting for her to leave. She was also waiting. After a while, I left first and had to hold my pee for a few more hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 167
You deserved it 11 322

DumbAndYoung tells us more.

OP here, I can't believe this got posted! First of all, I was at school when this happened, I went during lunch. I left when lunch was about over and I had to go to class. I know I need to overcome my fears, I've been this way for a long time. I'm also very shy. I don't usually tell people about it because they just think it's pathetic or stupid. My anxiety influences actions I make on a daily basis, and it sucks. I appreciate the sympathy, and the tips! I'll definitely keep trying to overcome it.

Top comments

Seems like a good time to learn to get over your anxiety. I hope you eventually overcome it OP.

Comments

This trick tends to work for males, it might work for females too: Breathe out all that you can, and hold. Keep holding until you start to pee. For me, it was a bit tricky to force this properly when I first started trying this, but now I'm able to do it and mostly able to get to pee even when people are present. Which is a blessing.

I may have to keep this in mind, drug tests and such, if it really does work, thank you

RedPillSucks 31

She'd probably pass out and drown in a puddle of her own pee

sweety, you gotta learn to relax, do your business and never mind what other people think, life is too short, also its not good for you to hold your pee for a long time

ManicGypsy 22

Having children will more than likely cure you of this, as you will never have privacy again, lol. Though I guess it's different for everyone.

Hmm maybe the other girl has the same anxiety problem as you too?

I understand that OP needs to be alone. But several more hours? Seriously? Just camp outside the door and wait for the other girl to come out. PRESTO! INSTANT EMPTY BATHROOM!