By DumbAndYoung - 26/08/2014 04:17 - United States - Glenpool

Today, I had to go to a public restroom. I have anxiety problems and can't go unless I'm the only one in the room. Another girl came in right after me, and I was waiting for her to leave. She was also waiting. After a while, I left first and had to hold my pee for a few more hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 167
You deserved it 11 322

DumbAndYoung tells us more.

OP here, I can't believe this got posted! First of all, I was at school when this happened, I went during lunch. I left when lunch was about over and I had to go to class. I know I need to overcome my fears, I've been this way for a long time. I'm also very shy. I don't usually tell people about it because they just think it's pathetic or stupid. My anxiety influences actions I make on a daily basis, and it sucks. I appreciate the sympathy, and the tips! I'll definitely keep trying to overcome it.

Top comments

Seems like a good time to learn to get over your anxiety. I hope you eventually overcome it OP.

Comments

I always had to be the only one too! I found that silently counting to 100 distracted me enough to help out. Hopefully you'll figure out something too!

tehdarkness 21

I am usually good to go just from counting to 5!

Try to sing while you're pissing: "LALALALAAAAAAAAAApsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!"

seems urine in a bad situation. Jokes aside, i hope you were able to get past this situation.

joemud 13

Use a search engine and surf the web for ways to control your anxiety I know it sounds weird but I was able to over come mine and also learnt how to be more happy, read up on anxiety and ways to improve and suppress it. I had irrational thoughts and the best thing to do was to just let them go and say who cares, hope you get better!

I have the same problem!!! I hate it!!! Sometimes I have to pretend to pee at the urinal which if there is no noise it's a bit silly. ppl can hear when your peeing or not.

salvorican 24

You could always play music on your phone every time you use a public restroom.

Or, just keep flushing the toilet to cover the noise of you going.It's a bit obvious, but at least they won't hear your business. could also pretend you're on the phone to distract their ears.

The same thing happened in my dorm bathroom yesterday. I feel you.

Daniel589 7

Should've muttered,"Go to hell you bastard."

A few more hours? Why didn't you just wait outside until she came out and then go back in?

I think she might have the same issue...but wait a few hours? Why not a few minutes until she left head back in?