By DumbAndYoung - 26/08/2014 04:17 - United States - Glenpool

Today, I had to go to a public restroom. I have anxiety problems and can't go unless I'm the only one in the room. Another girl came in right after me, and I was waiting for her to leave. She was also waiting. After a while, I left first and had to hold my pee for a few more hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 167
You deserved it 11 322

DumbAndYoung tells us more.

OP here, I can't believe this got posted! First of all, I was at school when this happened, I went during lunch. I left when lunch was about over and I had to go to class. I know I need to overcome my fears, I've been this way for a long time. I'm also very shy. I don't usually tell people about it because they just think it's pathetic or stupid. My anxiety influences actions I make on a daily basis, and it sucks. I appreciate the sympathy, and the tips! I'll definitely keep trying to overcome it.

Top comments

Seems like a good time to learn to get over your anxiety. I hope you eventually overcome it OP.

Comments

What's worse is peeing with someone watching, yeah gotta love the random wizz quiz. "What, you wanna hold the cup too?"

This is actually a phobia or fear called Paruresis, it's when you can't or wont pee when other people are in the room, sometimes it gets as bad as people can't be in the building. I have an anxiety disorder, which is quite severe, and I've never experienced this particular thing, not saying that you cant based off of my own experience but I think this is most likely Paruresis, or "shy bladder".

I used to be you until I decided to just get over myself and do it. It's really not a big deal. Just do it. You're going to feel silly when you realize you've held into this anxiety for no reason.

If you used to have anxiety then surely you understand that, for some people, it's extremely hard to just "get over" it.

It's not about "getting over myself". I'm not egotistical. And I already feel silly every day because of things I do like this.

I'm glad that worked for you but there are different levels of anxiety. Some are pretty severe. Having had anxiety yourself I'm shocked that you think that every person's situation can simply be shut off...

I feel your pain OP I myself HATE public bathrooms. I try to avoid them at all cost. I limit my self on how much I can drink whilst out so I don't get caught out and have to use a public bathroom. FYL OP. FYL !!!

I have the same problem! It sucks when I'm at school because I feel like people are going to think I am pooping.

Hello UTI. Holding your pee is not worth the pain you get peeing or the kidney damage.

Turn on the hand dryer, and then go really quick while the dryer is still on.

lol, I for one can't poop in public washrooms.