This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Jimoffy - 05/11/2016 04:00 - United States - Forest Hills

Today, I had to get a root canal but the dentist had to step aside to calm down an angry patient. He was halfway done with my operation when the anesthesia wore off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 467
You deserved it 101

Top comments

I sense that this might be an unfortunate chain reaction. Because now YOU have every reason to be angry.

He could have just given you another dose and you wouldn't have noticed it. This coming from a dentist as well

Comments

I sense that this might be an unfortunate chain reaction. Because now YOU have every reason to be angry.

liar. anesthesia lasts for like 4 hours.

I had one pulled no aenasthetic I know your pain op

Did he not put you back under, or at least come up with an alternate solution to the pain? Because if not, I'd suggest talking to him and trying to negotiate a lower price, if you had to pay anything. Walking away from a patient that is in the middle of surgery- especially when you are the one doing the procedure- isn't just bad business, but dangerous and unethical. Seriously, if a doctor is doing a surgery or procedure that brings sedatives or anesthetic into the picture, the shouldn't leave the patient that's being work on unless there's a major emergency. As in, "someone is having a heart attack, and you are the only one that knows CPR" level.

He could have just given you another dose and you wouldn't have noticed it. This coming from a dentist as well

They can't have injected enough anaesthetic. When i had my root canal done earlier in the year, the anaesthetic didn't wear off completely for at least four hours after, and the actual root canal only took a max of one hour. Half my face was numb until it wore off; it went as far up my face as my eyebrow.

When there is an infection in the tooth (usual reason for a root canal) the anesthetic can be unpredictable.