By where do they come from - 01/07/2014 04:26 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I had to explain what "cashback" was to a customer. She called me a liar and wanted to talk to a manager because she felt I made up the concept. I'm the manager. She wouldn't believe me and waited in the store for an hour. Apparently this is what a Masters degree gets me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 649
You deserved it 4 550

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn. Sad truth is, it can only get worse working in customer service.

Sometimes, the customer isn't always right...

Comments

So what is cashback? Just because you have a masters, idoes not mean you are right.

But the fact that OP is right makes them right...

What kind of cashback? From a point if sale or a credit card rewards deal? Either way fyl

Doesn't your name tag say manger on it??

To those of you who don't know what cashback is, it is putting an extra charge on a receipt or order and giving you the difference in change. I have had to explain this to my friends who didn't realize that it isn't free money and it comes from somewhere else. FYL OP.

I understand you...I have to explain the customer where I work that, they signed a contract were it was the all the info about what they have to pay and when...but when I do that, then they request a manager because they think Im laying and also because I have an accent(Im from Panama and I learned English all by myself).....sorry but some americans are just mega lazy to read what they are signing....

Unfortunately stupid people are everywhere, not just in the US or in retail!

yusssssssss life achievement 69th comment!