By megs2129 - 16/09/2009 21:28 - United States

Today, I had to drink the most vile and disgusting medicinal treatments I could ever imagine. Then I had to drink it again when I threw up the first batch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 620
You deserved it 4 657

megs2129 tells us more.

megs2129 0

It was an expreimental treatment for Endometriosis. And it wasn't only the taste that was bad, it was how it made me feel. There were multiple portions of it, and some sizzled as they went down and stuff like that. The one that made me throw up made me feel like time stopped. I can't explain it, but it was like nothing was right. And it tasted horrible

Top comments

Aww, this totally isn't a YDI! I know how you feel. I was in the hospital once and they gave me this awful stuff that they tried to sweeten with orange flavor. I threw it up after fifteen minutes of trying to chug it down. When you're sick and you have to force down something so bad that it'll come up again and make you feel worse, it sucks. FYL.

greatnt249 0

Wasn't a GI cocktail or activated charcoal, was it?

Comments

Was it MoviPrep? That stuff is soooo horrible! And you have to drink 2 litres of it... BLECK. Sorry...

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Wow. What do you deserve it for? Being sick? Throwing it up? I can't even believe people are clicking that. That's horrible. This is a FYL. A lot of medicines are nasty and vile. Luckily, I don't throw up over nasty medicine. Thank god. Feel better OP and FYL. ):

Belief_fml 0

Man your whole life is now ****** because of this tiny incident. Suicide looks like your best option here.

It does suck for sure, but this might actually be a YDI If it WAS activated charcoal, then the chances are you were given it to take some "harmful substance" out of your stomach... So are you a unfortunate sufferer of medical torture, or are you a dumbass that decided to imbibe some unholy substance for your own amusement, or on accident?.. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing. FYL

riku3220 2

If the medicine was to get something harmful OUT of the stomach why did she need to take more? and even so why do you need disgusting medicine to throw up? She could've just stuffed her finger down her throat to do that.

greatnt249 0

"If the medicine was to get something harmful OUT of the stomach why did she need to take more?" Because activated charcoal is necessary to prevent further absorption of toxins in the GI tract. Simply vomiting isn't guaranteed to do the trick; that's why they don't recommend taking ipecac syrup anymore in the event of poisoning. If you don't have a clue how medicine works, it's best to just keep quiet.

I've given activated charcoal to a number of patients. Some have vomited, some haven't. But I have NEVER given it twice. Once it's down, it's binded to the toxins, and if they vomit, then oh well. And it'll take you a WHILE to swallow all of it if you're taking it PO. So if you've gotten all the way through it, you're set even if you vomit. If you don't, then let them vomit and drink more of the SAME dose. There's no duration for it because it works on contact. Maybe YOU shouldn't speak without a clue.

RJB 0

Riku- Your a ******* idiot, if you have read Safety labels on certain products it says specifically(sp?) to NOT throw it up. If you throw it up all your doing is bringing it back again+ the acid in your stomach in very soft esophagus = NOT GOOD! Food is meant to go down the Eso not up. Why do you anorexic(or w/e one that thorws there food up is) people eventually get sick? They corode there eso and that inturn leads to internal bleeding as hole is internally in your Eso. and putting your finger with all the germs and such in ur mouth IS such a good idea. Because washing our hands does nothing to clean our hands. Lets just shove our hands everywhere and put them in ur mouth. Stop being an idiot.

greatnt249 0

It's not like it binds to the poisons immediately; it takes a little bit of time for absorption to occur.

riku3220 2

1) The key word there is certain, RJB. Out of the 4 products I read, only 1 said not to induce vomiting. The other 3 said to call poison control who would have more than likely said to induce vomiting. 2) When the hell did I say I was or encouraging people to be anorexic? I said if she needed something out of her body that wasn't supposed to be in it that she JUST ATE she wouldn't need a medicine to get it out, I never said to throw up to lose weight! 3) Are you a germaphobe? The germs on your hand aren't going to do shit compared to a poison in your body.

happyvalleygirl 0

#78, why argue with this RBJ kid? He's a 14-year-old Giants fan for Christ's sake.

That's horrible. I had to drink crap like that before an emergency colonoscopy. I threw it up too. :( Most disgusting stuff ever.

Nice job. Now time to work on that gag reflex... Did you know that the FDA allows for a certain amount of what's considered "natural contaminants" in your food? This includes anything up through various types of mold, animal hair, and bugs. Heck, it even includes insect larvae. Suddenly your life doesn't sound so bad now, does it? Bon appetit!

What does that have to do with anything? Most people know it already. And the food still tastes/affects everyone the same way as it did before they read that.

Not everybody knows. Besides, you're missing the point. (1) I'm obviously (playfully) razzing the OP for her lack of fortitude. (2) Not everybody has the greatest reaction to the observation that they're probably eating maggots, etc. Maybe she'll get some backbone. Maybe she won't. There's much worse treatments out there. In all honestly, I'd say that getting something like a rectal probe would be worse...