By Why - 03/09/2015 19:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had to create another signature. I have to use one at the bank and the other around my mother, so that when she tries to cash my paychecks the bank won't let her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 975
You deserved it 1 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the bank shouldn't let her anyway. Tell them that every time someone comes in to cash a cheque under your name that they have to take ID. That's part of the reason many banks won't take third party cheques anymore. Also your mother could end up paying a hefty fine/go to jail for her actions.

Comments

yenze 18

Dose your mother have the same name as you? Everywhere ive cashed a check i have to show id.

That's rather unfortunate. I'm getting the vibe that your mom belongs in rehab.

olpally 32

You should make it so you're the only one on your account.

not being able to trust family really sucks:(... I'm going through this now.

I would check with your job and see if they offer direct deposit so you no longer have to deposit a paper check. Also look into seeing if there is some kind of identity protection you can set up with the bank. A password on the account to do any transaction. I know it's inconvenient, but it's better than allowing theft to happen and the bank can and will press charges if your mother is caught trying to impersonate you.

don't leave your checks around...no check no cashing. and you might want to inform her you'll call the cops next time she steals your money.

How can op call for her mom, that's her mom not someone else.

Theater_Chef_3 30

What OP's mom is doing is still theft and illegal

idk about you but my money is mine not for someone else to cash and do whatever it is they want with it. damn right I would call the cops! from the sound of it its not a one time thing

It may be a case where she is taking OPs mail. If they live together it's very easy to just take someone's mail before they get it.

TomeDr 24