By subversivepanda - 18/12/2014 12:11 - Guam - Hagatna

Today, I had my midterm finals for AP Literature. My teacher had good news and bad news for us. The bad news? That he lost the file for our original exam and so had to make a harder exam for us. An exam he told us not to study for. The good news? "Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 375
You deserved it 3 419

subversivepanda tells us more.

subversivepanda 7

Hey guys! OP here! i realized that i forgot a detail. So usually, for our AP Literature exams, we get copies of practice AP exams from previous years (you know, the AP Exams at the end of the year). So for those, you literally CANNOT study. Like, there is no way to study for them since they cover practically anything and everything related to Literature.

Top comments

Well that sucks. My Spanish teacher makes tests that even someone living in Spain couldn't pass...

If everyone fails then its not something the students are doing wrong.

Comments

I voted YDI because you hadn't heard The Good News.

That is the best news you could ever hear though

Notverycreeative 13

At least the good news is good.. ?

Yes but isn't this only relevant at Easter?

I seriously don't get why you got down voted so much. I agree completely with what you said. He had enough time to make a whole other test. He could have just as easily created a test that was the same difficulty as the first test. I think he "lost" the file and made the test even harder on purpose. I mean what kind of teacher makes a test on subjects that weren't even covered that year? He is a failure as a teacher.

GhostDuck 30

If you really were an overachieving loser, you would have studied for the harder test or all the details anyways.

why blame the teacher. I don't know any teachers who would put stuff on a test that they haven't covered. take responsibility for your own action and don't blame others for your problems. that's what is wrong with people in their late teen or early 20s. " it can't be my fault,blame the teacher, parents, cops, social workers etc..." when a teacher says study, study. when a parent says don't do that, don't do it, when a cop tells you to stop, stop. it's very simple.

CaitiieBuggs 23

I've had a teacher who gave us an exam that we couldn't study for and he didn't teach us the information. He had six classes, each with thirty plus students. Every student (except a small handful) received an F, so the school forced him to drop the test from our grades. He was a bad teacher, and he has since been fired I hear.

My teacher just gave us a straight up AP Exam.