By crazyjohnny - 01/06/2009 06:52 - United States

Today, I had a really big debate in my English Class about the legalization of weed. My group had to state reasons why weed shouldn't be legal and no one except me had prepared. My partner came to class totally stoned. Our group lost the debate. We got a F. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 359
You deserved it 7 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just point to your friend & say-this is why. Case closed.

Ravemaster7 0

Team grading is as stupid as grading a debate is as stupid as debating the legalization of marijuana in school. Everyone knows what the teacher wants to hear anyway. But it's funny that your partner was stoned and the team arguing for the legalization of it won.

Comments

kingbeau 0

#60, just cause you're the one who last brought it up, you don't get an F for losing a debate. If you did, you'd have a 50% failure rate, which would probably get any teacher fired. Also, there are plenty of defenses for marijuana prohibition that any teacher would be content to hear. None that I can think of lack a certain.. lets say absolute stupidity... But there's plenty of room to get an A even if your arguments are wrong (think of political debates, both sides talk a lot of shit and people always think one side or the other "won").

#53 you're just a closed minded retard. I hate people like you who think that weed always makes you dumb and useless and dysfunctional. That's what happens to middle schoolers and high schoolers who smoke alot of weed. Guess who else smoked lots of weed? Your current president as well as your former two presidents. Guess who else? Guaranteed almost every musician you've ever listened to. Guess who else? Most of your favorite actors and actresses, and basically every artist or philospher to ever exist. Guess who else? Your neighbors and your boss and co-workers. The era of "weed is bad!" has been over for a while now, get over it.

Despite how you personally feel about the subject matter, truth is you were the only one prepared. Lesson one in working in groups: LEAVE your group when you know your group members are slackers. Also, you can probably argue your grade and present your notes/work that you did to prepare. If he/she doesn't do anything, you can probably take it up with your principal or school board. This would never happen in college, I can promise you. This is all assuming you are still in high school. If you are actually already in college, you should try to take it up with your professor, particularly if he/she never gave you a chance to leave your group.

stoner47 0

i would deffiently go to that high as balls that would be my preperation

I love how nobody, including the OP, has used proper grammar in this topic. No wonder things are so screwed up.

44 & 46 - agreed. Weed smokers are just plain retarded. Nothing else really needs to be said.

YDI for thinking weed should be illegal... Alcohol is way unhealthier than marijuana. ALOT of people die every year due to alcohol and not once in history did a person die from marijuana.

treli1593 0

"We got a F." Mmm.. Niiiiiice, no wonder you failed dumbass

yea only u should be screwed over MORE so, because weed has less of an effect on ur body than weed and if you believe that it doesnt than you should go die, the only reason that marijuana is illegal is because big coorporate bullies and the gov't dont want to lose millions of dollars in timber. b/c if weed was legal then everyone would start using hemp instead of paper and shit like that.

#71. i think you mean weed has less of an effects on ur body then alcohol?