Student life

By anonymous - 13/09/2015 15:34 - Luxembourg

Today, my roommate remembered that we have an essay due Monday, so he wrote the full essay, while stoned, in less than an hour, without using his textbook. It was better than the one I spent all week writing. He is now upstairs having sex, and I've lost all motivation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 241
You deserved it 2 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

Some people are just naturally better at writing than others. Don't beat yourself up about it OP.

Don't give up! Education can be stressful, but you aren't doing any good by comparing yourself to others. His paper may read better, but yours could contain the information your professor is after.

Comments

That sounds as if you wanted him to fail.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Maybe not fail, but op wishes they could have it that easy. The essay part.

tantanpanda 26

No, it's more of the feeling "my stoned roommate who did the essay within an hour did better than me who did it all weekend". It's not necessarily that OP wanted her roommate to fail, but she feels like shit because she did so bad with all the work she put In versus her roommate who didn't try that hard.

Some people just have it better than others

giantsfan2010 23

Some people are just naturally better at writing than others. Don't beat yourself up about it OP.

JustinJK 21

Exactly. My friend is an engineering major. He's brilliant, but can't write for shit. I always have to proof his papers.

Maybe look on the bright side: if he is that good at essays and can do them that quickly with so little effort, then maybe he will be a good person to edit/revise your writing and/or tudor you (assuming that he is someone who is nice and doesn't rub his intelligence in your face). It's also a bonus for convenience sake that he is your roommate.

I feel like you just described me. Its so accurate its almost scary.

Cheer up op! Some people just have to work a little harder than others in certain areas. over thinking will only decrease your motivation and creativity. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

Don't give up! Education can be stressful, but you aren't doing any good by comparing yourself to others. His paper may read better, but yours could contain the information your professor is after.

He said it was worse. So, no... It couldn't be better.

That sucks. :( I wish I could finish my essays in less than an hour.

Don't stress too much, OP. That can actually make it more difficult for you! I know it's hard, but some people are just better writer than others - especially when they're completely mellowed out

I wish more people could think like you. :)