By Anonymous - 04/11/2010 09:18 - United States

Today, I had a job interview. When I got there, the lady interviewing me shook my hand and said, 'Hello, I'm gay.' I found this strange and I didn't know what to say, so I stated, 'Aw, it's OK, I support you.' She looked pretty offended, and I realized why when I found out that her name was Gaye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 846
You deserved it 18 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ItsEdible 0

I would've been confused too OP.

starberries 0

You'd think someone named Gaye would be used to that reaction by now, and would introduce herself as "Gaye Smith", or "My name is Gaye. "

Comments

YDI for automatically focussing on the most negative use of the word and for not even considering that was their name.

Um excuse me fuckwad. I wasn't the one stating that the word was negative. By the Op stating that its ok and they support them the OP was suggesting that they were somehow downcast or weaker that they needed the support. The OP was the the one thinking of the word in the negative sense. So don't go reading into shit when you can't even read the post properly. Oh and for the record if someone said they were gay I may think of it in the way that the OP said, I may not. I have met people with not normal names before. I certainly wouldn't go putting my foot in my mouth like the OP did! Congratulations. You are just a moron. Only half of what I am by your accounts.

shadyecko 0

Homosexuality is negative, just sayin'.

shadyecko 0

Bahaha, I find it amazing that FML moderated me and sent me an email telling me to stop being a redneck because I stated my negative opinion towards homosexuality. Come on FML moderate me again for all I care.

Always respond with your name. If the interviewer is, in fact telling you, that they are gay then you can brush it off with a laugh at your expense, not their's.

People please, before you judge, who the **** names their kid Gaye? Seriously? "Awwwww, my new baby girl!" "What are you going to name her?" "Well, I think she looks like a Gaye :)" o.O

dmayhemc 0

Hello, my children's names are Fag and Dyke.

TempestRain 0

haha! ;) I don't know why but that seriously made me laugh.

Igor_g5 0

How stupid are you? Everybody knows that's a name. And most people tell you their name when they introduce themselves. Not their orientation.

She should not have gotten offended. I mean, I'm sure with a name like that she's gotten a few laughs and giggles before. Besides, it's great that you support gay people. :D

its a job interview, you should know better and stay polite whatever they throw at you.

restythestar 0

a lady name Gaye? that must be tough for her.

all4pooh 4

my moms name is Gay. it's not tough for her

T_is_the_man 0

Stop blaming the op. It was a simple mistake that anybody could make. I bet some of you that are jumping on her case would in fact make the same mistake.