By nonymous human subject - 14/11/2015 20:02 - United States - Palo Alto

Today, I got to my human anatomy class with a hickey on my neck. Since I sit in the front row, my professor noticed and decided to call me to the front. He then started talking about ruptured blood vessels and hickeys, all while as I served as the subject. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 544
You deserved it 7 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Could have been worse... You could have had a raging boner.

Comments

I think by college, Hickeys aren't really something to be embarrassed about. Somebody sucked on my neck and I liked it. Who cares? I hope nobody.

Well, at least your partner has moved on from chin-hickeys, OP.

That might leave a mark on your memory of the class.

You should get extra credit for being the hickey ****.

While that probably was embarrassing, it's also hilarious. Atleast your professor has a sense of humor!

Redgy22 26

Hey, if you don't want people to see or comment on them: A) cover them up or B) dont get them. Your instructor sounds like a riot. And since it's Nov., classes didn't just start, I'm sure you had some idea of his personality. YDI

corky1992 33

It's one thing to have it pointed out by someone, but it's another to have your professor humiliate you in front of the entire class. It is inappropriate and unprofessional on the teachers part.

If you think that's bad, the real working world is going to be very difficult for you. Prepare to be perpetually offended.

Redgy22 26

If your embarrassed about having hickies, then again I say don't get them. If you get worked up & offended by such a stupid thing, then good luck with life. Learn to roll with things.

If OP wasn't bothered enough to cover it with a scarf or concealer, which is the least most people do (unless they didn't realise it was there) then if I was their professor I'd assume it was fair game for a teaching opportunity! It's not like he shoved them down the corridors saying 'SHAME'.

corky1992 33

I never once said I was offended. I am smart enough to not get them, or at least in visible places. When you have a job it's kind of unprofessional to have them. Yes they should have attempted to cover it up but I still think it was unprofessional on the professors part too.

corky1992 33

Well that's embarrassing lol. I'm sorry.

whatunicorn 17

I'm sorry but hickeys to me are super disrespectful, because I have to work and go to school and live my life, and it just sets your professionalism way down. So YDI IMO you obviously didn't care to hide it so don't complain that you got called out on it.

You obviously don't understand the definition of the word disrespectful.

You teacher sounds pretty awesome to me. I had a teacher like that when I was in school, one that would use unprepared people as examples, and it was the funnest class I had! Those are the kind of teachers who know how to make a class fun and interesting:)

They are making it fun at the expense of someone else. There are better ways to make a class interesting.

Redgy22 26

Sounds like a GREAT class! People are uptight & worry about every little thing. If it bothers people so much, then don't give'em a reason to point out your stupidity. Most people (adults) can laugh it off & learn from it.