By Anonymous - 01/11/2009 03:05 - United States

Today, I got rear-ended at a stop sign on a seldom used road in my neighborhood. As I open my car door to trade insurance information with the guy, he backs up a little and speeds away, taking my car door with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 611
You deserved it 2 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should have chased him down the road! I hope you got his plate number. BTW #1 you fail at counting. FYL

What a bastard. I hope that you got the license down. The funniest part is that if you can track him down, he not only gets written up for a hit-and-run and a moving violation, but for reckless endangerment. It'd be hard to disprove that kind of damage to his own car; even if repaired, the repair shop would have records. If you can track him down, karma owns. He screwed himself. What a dumbass...

Comments

It's time for you to learn that in cases like this, if someone hits your car and runs, you go hit them back.

"taking my car door with him" LOL, that's just hilarious xD

If the OP's car door wasn't involved in the collision (says OP was rear-ended), how did the hit-and-run dude end up with the door??

Like the post CLEARLY says, he opened his door to trade insurance information and then the car drove around him to flee, and ran into the car door he opened.

Wouldn't OP have been somewhat in the way of the car door? I can't imagine a scenario where they get out of the car and are NOT hit by the other car when it takes off... Maybe OP just has really fast reflexes.

you did remember the license plate, didn't you?

If he gets the licence plate (or even the number of it), expect a post on MLIA.

FYL and you shouldn't call him "guy". You should call him "shit".

lol. Hope you got the plate. You probably couldn't chase after the other driver without a door and leave the scene.

I agree such a person deserves nothing but bad names lol We'll call the perps ***** from this moment forward!!!!

TachyonParadox 0

If you were hit from behind how did he back up hit your door? He was BEHIND you... I must say BULLSHIT!

Idiot. He backed up *a little* and drove forward around the left side of the OP's car, smashing into the door the OP had just opened in order to get out of his car to trade insurance information with the guy who had rear-ended him. I hope that's clear enough for you.

Gahhh that sucks big you know what! I got rear-ended the other day.. I got a crushed backside while his POS car was totaled. His report to the police read, "I hit 'em" bahahaha, idiot.

FYL for what happened, but if you didn't get his info down and left then YDI. He'll have to pay for all the damage as well as the tickets he'll get for leaving and you'll get your car fixed right up at no cost to you.

magicsparrow 0

The OP does NOT deserve it. In that kind of situation, sometimes you're in shock -- mostly that the person up and decides to speed off, and in the OP's case, with the car door! Additionally, even if the perp is found, he might not have insurance; in which case, the OP has to foot the bill. Garnishment of wages is possible, but only if he has a job.