By JulietMarie - 10/10/2014 19:12 - United States - Baldwinsville

Today, I got my first compliment in over a year. It was from my gynecologist, saying I have a beautiful cervix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 072
You deserved it 3 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's an accomplishment I'd say considering it's coming from a doctor who does this all the time.

You have a wonderful sense of humour, and Juliet is a beautiful name

Comments

Could someone please explain to me what a cervix is.

Wow I thought all seventeen year old guys were experts at this subject.

The bottom of the uterus. It holds the baby in then it opens up wide to let the baby out.

The answer you seek can be found at a mystical place called "google"

Oh I'm sorry #25. I'm still a virgin. Also, since ya checked out my profile, you might have noticed that I'm from Norway and we might have a different word for it here.

#33 did you not do sex ed throughout school? i know thats where i learnt about it, as well as other places. and given that a cervix is part of the female anatomy worldwide, i dont think they'd change the name of it. a quick google search of 'norway cervix' & results of cervix & cervical cancer popping up, im not sure how you didnt know..

@55 Just because they have cervixes (cervici?) in Norway doesn't mean they use the same word. They speak Norwegian not Norway for one. And two, your comment suggests you found research being conducted on the cervix IN Norway, not the correct wording

that's special compliment only few people in the world are allowed to give.. one of them is your gynecologist

You found your new pick up line! "My gyno says I have a beautiful cervix ... ;)" hahah.

Steve95401 49

That's sad that you have gone so long since getting your last compliment.

Huh. I'm trying to process this. Like, perfectly formed or?