By Anonymous - 10/02/2014 22:37 - United Kingdom

Today, I got into a slight spot of shit with my new boss over his speech. Apparently he was not actually impersonating Sylvester the Cat, and he just has a speech impediment. When I jokingly said "sufferin' succotash" to him, he wasn't pleased at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 642
You deserved it 42 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The odds of him impersonating Sylvester the cat are much lower than him having a speech impediment ..

DenBriZel 31

FYL for the mixup OP but next time id be a bit more careful on how you ask about it.

Comments

I don't understand why people are saying "as long as you apologized", this man is your superior, you made fun of something because you weren't mature enough to handle the situation, I would thank your boss for looking past your incompetency.

I wonder if you have problems talking being the reasons u have such a strong opinion in this case?

That doesn't matter. Whether anyone has a speech impediment or not, it's kinda obvious you don't joke with that, even if you know for sure they do. Most of the people are saying YDI; we all have the same problem? Lol

I don't think incompetent is the right word you're looking for as we don't know his job description or task. Maybe obnoxious, condescending, patronizing, or even a made up word like assholery would have fit better. OP if it means anything... I def lol... Ahhhh, makes me nostalgic.

Labrynthian 6

What a complete moron you are. Why would he be impersonating a cartoon character during a speech? And why would you even say that to anyone, let alone your boss? Again... you're a complete moron. YDI.

Based off of the way the post is written, OP made fun of her boss' speech as in the mannerism with which he spoke... not a speech he was giving in front of a crowd. At least get your facts straight before hurling insults.

I got the sense that he may have been practicing his speech beforehand, and that it was in front of her boss and other staffers that she tried to make light of the situation. We've all had moments of foot-in-mouth. Hopefully he accepted your apology, OP.

olpally 32

Never insult your boss regardless of his speech patterns or not and trying to play it off as a joke. That was a stupid thing for you to do. YDI.

YDI. even if it was a joke you could be all serious then laugh and joke along. assuming makes an a** out of you and me

You're so stupid! Why would anyone try to talk like that?

Just in case, start updating your resume OP.

under special skills write "recognizing what cartoon characters speech impediments sound like" I'm sure that'll open up all sorts of doors in your career *sarcasm*

"strangely", people with a speech impediment don't like tp be laughee at op... they tend to be very very insure. YDI

If your Boss is Sylvester, you must be Tweety. That might explain the birdbrain.

Why would a person making a professional speech, try and impersonate Sylvester the Cat at the same time? YDI

He wasn't making a speech, OP made fun of his speech.