By Anonymous - 03/12/2010 14:41 - United States

Today, I got fired from the job I'd had for eleven years for going onto Facebook while on the clock. When I got home, I saw that my boss had updated his status, from work, to "Finally fired that bitch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 021
You deserved it 10 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, he used that as an excuse, but hated you for other reasons. Way to suck at your job, OP.

And that's why he's the boss and you are not. If you're ever able to find a job again, try NOT wasting your company's time and just do your ******* work that they are paying you to do.

Comments

TryptamineDreame 0

You didn't learn from the other FML about that dumbass who got fired while on facebook at work?

danz123 7

How many hours ago was the status? If he did it on the clock, then he's a hypocrite. If he did it after, he's still quite the douche, but nothing you can do really. Obviously he hated you for more reasons. I'd say, if you're a bitch, then I don't sympathise. If you're not, just post on your status something like, '11 years of douchebaggery, now no more :D' or 'finally got fired, but I bet he's still 'firing' blanks' I'm not good at this...

Regarding that last statement, you are correct, sir.

bfsd42 20

Totally agree. If op is a bitch, then she deserves it. Nobody likes to deal with a bitch.

randall_doak 4

#15: OP said he posted from work.

ulicksam 0

1. He's the boss and can do as he pleases. 2. If he "finally fired that bitch" he was looking to get rid of you before your facebook at work. 3. He doesn't need a reason to fire you but has one anyway so you can't sue. 4. You obviously deserved it.

You don't know that. The boss could've just been a horrible person. If the OP sucked at their job it would've taken them a lot less than 11 years to get fired. Then again it depends how often the OP was checking Facebook. If it was a first offence I think firing her was extreme, but if it was a constant thing then yeah. Also NEVER add your boss on Facebook. Ever. I'm amazed people need to be told these things.

umm yeah he needs a reason u imbucile he cant fire u for just anything its fraudulant determenation

You need a valid reason to fire people, just because your the "boss" doesn't mean your immune to legal lawsuits, that guy should be taken to court!

tubal069 0

The question is, what else were you previously doing? Chances are you had to have done something else that led up to this. In most cases you can be fired "at will" meaning just cause isn't needed. However, being fired you are entitled to apply for unemployment benefits.

Babushka_Homyak 10

Not anymore, unemployment benefits began expiring 2 days ago.

not for people just going on unemployment

document that and bring it to a lawyer. I think you have a case. make him pay for being a dick

KaleidoscopePope 0

you can't sue someone just for being a dick. If you tried, you would get laughed at by everyone in the justice system and look like an even BIGGER fool. idiot.

no but for unjust termination you can sue and if there was no set company policy that stated being caught on Facebook would result in your immediate termination then this is a great case of unjust termination! so your right you can't be sued for being a dick, but you can always find other reasons!

2 things he's your boss why would you even have him on your facebook, it's wierd and don't say work related bull! the other is your boss is a hypocrite that should go die in a hole! >.< To conclude MOST bosses are gay!

op you can sue.... get a picture aka a screen shot of his page to use in court for wrongful termination

Why the **** does everyone say sue? What utter bullshit. If OP violated the rules, she deserves to be fired full stop. It doesn't matter if other people (boss included) violated the rule as well. "Everyone else was doing it" doesn't usually qualify as a legal defense.

randall_doak 4

#60 is right. The only other thing that will do besides making OP look retarded is get everyone else that was doing it in trouble if she actually makes a good enough case to win, and the chances of that are small. So it's a lose-lose situation for OP.