By lisha182 - 20/02/2011 11:49 - Australia

Today, I got demoted from my manager's position, only to be replaced by a 21 year-old who has never worked in retail in her life. I now have to spend the next month teaching her my job so they can fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 263
You deserved it 3 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

don't train her! goof off until you find a better job elsewhere then quit on them.

Half-ass it, look for a new job, and quit.

Comments

Well it's a retail business. Of course they'd want young people working there.

put drugs in your replacement's locker and get her busted.

pokopiko 9

yes, yes this is the best idea yet!

I like that one better than mine. putting stores product in her purse so when she leaves she gets busted for stealing.

txgirl2013 14

On the bright side … If you have to show her the ropes you can make a mess of her training and then she’ll get fired! Guess who they’ll come back to!!!!

sallen0046 4

Well that's just stupid. Why would they ask someone to come back who is obviously inept at training new employees. That just makes them both look useless.

melibear89 7

look for better job while you to teach her. just teach her half-ass. goof off don't do them the courtesy of training her well. my guess she's one of those air-head acting bimbos.

air-head acting bimbo's... you don't get a lot of them in australia nor lots of the aspiring fashion models.

maybe they just want a new pair of boobs =p

testthecoal 5

They wear out every year or so, and since she did not renew their lease, she has to go

gregCurlee1 0

I feel sorry for you, hope you find a new job

txgirl09 5

1. Like other posters i'm wondering exactly what the FML poster may have done to deserve this, and thinking that if the FML poster is good enough to be training the replacement if it is in fact their fault. 2. Once again, like other posters I'm wondering why these people get the courtesy of wasting valuable job hunting time by even showing up for work if it's 100% for sure that after training comes the pink slip. I also don't see how being demoted equals being fired...