By AFH2O - 14/07/2014 23:04 - United States - Visalia

Today, I got chewed out by a parent for putting her kid underwater. I teach swim lessons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 531
You deserved it 3 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Sounds like her brain is water logged. Don't hold your breath and dive into the deep end with this one, dangerous and annoying waters.

Apparently nobody bothered to "tech" you how to spell.

Comments

Some parents are impossible to satisfy. Their kids are never wrong and should never suffer any discomfort. They probably want you to teach them to swim without getting wet.

Who let HER reproduce? I smell a blonde...

How old? I teach lessons too and I never put a kid underwater. That just scares them even more.

A quick "hold your breath" with the instructor supporting them scares them more? More than what? Sitting on the stairs?

If you just shove them underwater they'll get scared of being in. You have to take your time with it and only do it to kids who can handle it.

Pyrotechtarian 4

OP your life does suck but what you need to realize is that anytime you deal with children, you will always get shit from their parents wether you didn't do something enough or did it too much or did it wrong even if you did it right.

It's a swim course in a swimming pool, did she think her child would learn to swim without learning to control their breathing?!

My mom is has been a teaching children how to swim for 15 years. As her kid I would often encourage the children she was teaching as another child can be helpful. I can't tell you how many times the rich mom supervising screamed because her child went underwater.