By AFH2O - 14/07/2014 23:04 - United States - Visalia

Today, I got chewed out by a parent for putting her kid underwater. I teach swim lessons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 531
You deserved it 3 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Sounds like her brain is water logged. Don't hold your breath and dive into the deep end with this one, dangerous and annoying waters.

Apparently nobody bothered to "tech" you how to spell.

Comments

blazerman_fml 17

If you walk on water they will say you can't swim.Keep this in mind OP you can't win everyone over..Some people are just dicks for no reason.Hope this incident doesn't bring you down!Good luck :)

Llama_Face89 33

I hated parents like that when I was a swim instructor! Part of the reason I much preferred to teach the adult beginner and tri classes.

leeloo900 9

Were you teaching them the dead mans float?

At least you didn't throw him off a boat and screamed, "Swim, bitch!"

Yeah, that's how my grandfather taught us (his grandkids) how to swim. Awesome memories. Can't really blame him though, his first experience of swimming was to jump off a bridge with a watermellon he was stealing. It was that or starve. I agree, Some people really need to man up and get over things.

yes because all kids are going to react the same way and learn how to swim using that method...just because it worked for you doesn't mean it'll work for everyone else.

Jeez, did I misread this one. I kept seeing, "Today I got chewed out by a parent for putting on her kid's underwear," until I read the last sentence.

I would have held her under until the bubbles stopped coming up.

Maybe it's the method of how you did it she didn't like.