By sam - 15/12/2010 20:11 - United States

Today, I got a text just before class that my partner didn't finish their half of our 30 page research paper because "That class is stupid". FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 848
You deserved it 4 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats why you don't depend on anyone but yourself.

Get your revenge, OP. You know what's better than revenge? Nothing.

Comments

This sucks, but projects like this are preparation for the real world. There are a lot of people you may be paired with in jobs that don't pull their weight. You either have to deal with them and get them to do it or pull the weight and do a good job yourself. It's an important skill to learn how to deal with people like this. You give them deadlines and very importantly have them check in on their work. Make them show you that they're actually getting shit done, instead of "yeah, I've been working on it". Sadly many professors are not sympathetic to these situations for those reasons. You may get a bad grade but it's an important lesson to learn. Better now than later where you get fired for it.

sorry but ydi for not being in contact w your partner until the moment the paper is due.

sweetonsno 1

YDI. Group project means "collaborate," not "delegate." Even if he or she had done "his/her half," you would have had a bad grade. Did you actually expect two separate 15-page papers to come together as a coherent whole?

sallen0046 4

YDI for expecting someone else to provide half a paper when you were obviously supposed to collaborate and write the paper together. You're given weeks, occasionally well over a month to write a paper of this size, especially when you need to find time to work with someone else. You should have met with your partner and worked with them numerous times well before the due date. This is how the real world works. You're very rarely given a group project that can be divided into separate pieces. The entire point of the exercise is to see if you're actually capable of working together with someone else, and that if you're given a bad partner, you go out of your way to complete the project despite their lack of cooperation. If you do not, "x didn't help, so It's not done" is not an acceptable resolution.

yscpunkchick 14

it happens to everyone. my personal experience, the bitch who slacked off in a group project got hers in the end. we got to grade each other. the group as a whole ended up giving the slacker a D, while the rest of us got A's. very satisfying.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That class is indeed stupid. At least, the students in it seem to be, as they apparently don't understand the definition of partnership.

GoArmy6624 7

ydi. work alone next time and this won't happen.

While agree with everyone who says that a decent amount of cooperation was required so this news was not "sudden", did you pause to consider that they had no choice but to work with a partner, and could not have worked "alone"?

I've typed 30-page research by myself... back in high school. you should prepare and communicate instead assuming he would do his half. FYL