By fmjob - 17/08/2009 03:19 - United States

Today, I got a raise. A 10 cent raise. I have worked at my job for over 3 years. I now make 20 cents more an hour than people that have only worked there 3 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 611
You deserved it 3 987

Same thing different taste

Comments

Pastor_Rich 0

get a usable skill and change jobs

CountDuk 5

emilysantfsm- that's a lie, you can't work an hour a week and get $5. Minimum wage is about $7.71, and I don't know of many people who work just once a week for just one hour :/ OP: Quit. You'll find a better paying job elsewhere. Work at a gas station or something. I mean let's go, there's more than one fish in the sea ;)

That was true 4 or 5 years ago, now it won't happen.

I'm actually not lying, that is how much I get paid. I won't say where because it's local to where I live, but I work Tuesdays from 4-5pm and get $5 cash in hand after cleaning.

And I am 16 and still in school so it's not like this my my full time work. I know I'm being ripped off but my mum and dad won't let me quit.

get a job where they pay you minimum wage.............

Not everyone lives in America you know.

If you work a thirty hour week that's an extra 160 dollars a year. Better than no raise!

I wouldn't be unhappy about this. I got a 3% pay cut!

ladywaldo 0

You need to get a union job!!!

ladywaldo what a great idea. get a job where the unions screw the employer so that you don't have a job at all!

OP- FYL, I know how that feels. I've been at my job for nearly a decade and in a similar situation. For those who want to be trolls and/or tell me to quit/get skills, f off. This was my first job and I'm still in school going for that degree to get me where I need/want to go.

YDI...Go find a better job. They are out there you just have to look. That is the great thing about a civilian job you can always quit and go elsewhere. You also have the option to stand up for yourself adn request a raise. If you are a hard worker than you should have no issues with confronting your boss with a list of positive things you've done above and beyond the requirements of your job.

Tbh with the state of the economy at the moment you're lucky you got a pay rise at all, in fact ya lucky ya working so just stop crying about it honestly, I get paid shit money for a company I been working for the past 2 years with and never had a pay rise so just be thankful you have a job

I just left a job where I had een there for 2.5 years and was making LESS then someone doing the same job who had been there less then 6 months