By hesgonnahateme - 06/06/2013 05:08 - United States - Benton

Today, I got a promotion and transfer at work. My first responsibility is to fire my soon to be father in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 665
You deserved it 3 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask if someone else can let him go. Say it's a conflict of interest

Comments

Orders are orders but yeah that's not gonna end well FYL

This is a conflict of ethics, and as such should be respected.

Apparently you have never worked in the corporate world.

He shouldn't hate you for that. It's not your fault that he's getting fired, you are just the unlucky person who has to fire him. If he hates you for that, he's the one with a problem, not you.

Now that would be an awkward family discussion.

Well this proposes a problem...Are you the only one who can do it?

Just because he has to be fired doesn't mean that OP should be the one to do the dirty work.

hopefully he's an understanding individual... otherwise, the holiday get-togethers will be AWKWARD.

Kc1001 14

where do your loyalties lie? Find out why he needs to be fired and explain to your boss why this is a hard decision.

zafan123 6

Why because he is ******* your mom? So what don't fire him because you hate the fact that he's in your life.

toomanyidiots 14

No. Because he is the father of the person the original poster is going to marry. OP doesn't want to fire him. The responsibility was given to the OP by someone else.