By haphazard2007 - 02/01/2012 09:44 - United States

Today, I got a gift from my wife in the form of divorce papers. She waited till after New Year's so it wouldn't show up on her taxes for 2011. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 001
You deserved it 2 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EvilTwerp 12
missL1z 5

It wouldn't show up on yours either. Give her what she wants because she probably thought really hard about it to even wait it out.

Comments

cstarr 4

The fact she wants a divorce isn't what makes her a bitch, it is that she knew she was done and waited so it wouldn't screw up her taxes.

cstarr 4

It's not the fact that she wants a divorce that makes her a bitch, it is that she knew she was done with the marriage and waited so it didn't screw up her taxes.

sean0206 5

Lol it doesn't matter if she waited or not, it matters when the divorce actually goes through. It's 2012 and you're still technically married until a judge says otherwise. So you can still technically claim married and separate or married and joint for 2012.

I love how certain statements get thumbs up when the FML is still "fresh", and similar statements get thumbed down when they're posted later. On topic: Sorry to hear that you're getting a divorce, OP. That's never pleasant. I hope you (and your ex-wife as well) will be able to move on soon. Can't really say she's a bitch though, because like a lot of people said: there are two people in a relationship. Sooo... Yeah.

never get married again,save yourself money and just have a gf.

sugarandspice33 0

Can't fault for her playing the system!