By wowzersthatsucks - 29/06/2009 17:31 - United States

Today, I got a facebook relationship request from my crush of 2 and a half years. I was so excited until he posted on my wall, "Sorry wrong Catherine". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 278
You deserved it 5 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so you think without even asking you out, he would send a relationship request?

FYL for having a crush on someone who would ask you out via facebook...

Comments

So he just assumed you were 'his Catherine'? Hmm, not very bright of him. That's sorta like telling some dirty secret to the person standing behind you assuming they are your best friend because your best friend was standing behind you just a minute ago. "Oh, I'm so embarrassed, I thought you were a friend of mine who was just here..." People have to look before they leap.

hmmmm...gotta play the side of YDI because who cares? this belongs on MyLifeIsAverage.com. i hate hearing people use the term "my crush this" and "my crush that"...saying that means that you are some creeper on the periphery of their knowledge of existence and they don't give a **** about. you could at least lie or spice it up and say "this boy that i have been hanging out with" or at the very least "this boy i like"...it also conveys the idea that you are about 12 for giving a shit about facebook, and letting that piss you off or at least feel like your life is ******. if he is "your crush" that most likely means you dont hang out with him or talk to him, probably just stare at him at recess and think to yourself how much you'd like to play doctor with him. get over yourself if you think that a guy would ask you out like that, with no pretext or anything leading up to the situation. no person is worth wasting 2+ years liking without making a move or giving up. if i can't seal the deal within a month i give up, i hate wasting time on people. maybe when you hit puberty you can relate.

cms70 0

I developed a crush on a guy when I was 16. Four years later, yes FOUR YEARS, I finally worked up the courage to tell him my feelings. By then we were both in college and living 3 hours apart so I did it via instant messenging. His response? "What took you so long?" We've been together for over three years now and I am pregnant with his child. Pining away for someone for a long time can sometimes pay off. Though, OP, I would give up if I were you. Your crush is obviously an idiot if he doesn't even know his new girlfriend's name. You deserve better.

pining away doesn't pay off. sure it's possible to go years without telling someone how you feel, but that doesn't mean it was worth the wait. you just wasted 4 years of your life. i'm happy for you and all, but it's kind of pitiful that neither of you said anything for so long. to the OP: YLIF because he broadcasted his mistake to all of your friends by writing it on your wall. what sort of idiot sends a wrong relationship request and then tells everyone? the fact that he accidentally requested you isn't really an FYL in itself, but he should have private messaged you explaining his mistake.

cms70 0

We were dating other people all those years. We've talked about it and admitted had either of us said anything before then, the other person would have said no. The timing was never right. So no, we didn't waste any time.

K well i think FYL cuz it does suck that you like him abd he doesnt like you back, but also because you've liked him for 2 1/2 years. When i like a guy all i have to do is talk and flirt a little and he's mine. Lol maybe you should work on self-confidence

lolololcheese 0

My name is (K)atherine too.

Well it could have been worse, he could have insulted you.... Errr... Yeah FYL

mehwhateverr 0

Uh, why would you want to be asked out in that way anyway? But I clicked FYL anyway.

Ms_Thingie 0

I liked a guy for a week and thought he was the perfect guy but then after a week this other guy asked me out and he was waay better but then my ex crush asked me out and in my head I was like how could I ever like him!?!?! OP: get over him u will find some1 better who qctullay likes u!!

What kind of loser chick has a crush for 2 and a half years but never tells the guy how she feels? And then actually gets EXCITED because she thinks he's trying to hook up with her through a Facebook relationship status change? It's your own fault. YDI.