By dazedandconfused - 18/09/2016 09:44 - United Kingdom - Dorking

Today, I found out why my wife has been upset with me for the last week. She told me this morning that I did something to upset her on our date night last Friday, she won't tell me what, and she said she'll leave me if I do it again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 447
You deserved it 1 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There aren't very many things you can to to earn a week of anger and a threat like that - and they'd all be super obvious. At this point, her behaviour is a bigger issue than anything you might have done. A week of anger is way too angry. Claiming that it's worth leaving you over, but not worth actually telling you what it is, is just messed up? That's a pretty abusive way to treat someone.

If she can leave you for a reason she doesn't even want to explain, maybe she simply doesn't love you anymore, or not enough for her to care... Or she's simply trying to find a reason to leave you, and either way, she's acting like a child, sorry for you man.

Comments

Soverain 15

For ****'s sake. Why do so many women pull these BS mind games? Is it really too difficult to be an adult and talk things out? Passive aggressive behavior never helps in relationships.

Try to carefully and subtly remind her that communication is essential in a relationship ?

I'm really sorry but your wife sounds immature. Or at least what she's doing is immature. The most important part in a relationship is communication and of course understanding. Refusing to tell you why she's so angry with you and expecting you to just somehow find out is pretty immature isn't it?

I absolutely hate women who do this.

That is emotional manipulation AT BEST. It sounds like she's either a) already made up her mind to leave and is looking for an excuse or b) attempting to manipulate you into walking on eggshells forever. Y'all need a marriage therapist who can help her figure out a better way to communicate. If she's not willing to do that, then she's just...well, I don't know what she is, but it's not good.

u know what u did, even if u don't know what IT is... don't let IT happen again = female logic

that's emotional abuser logic and men do that as often as women.

RUN! But no, in all seriousness, consider meeting with a lawyer and a therapist. The lawyer because, it sounds like she's gearing up to leave you and turn herself into the victim and you need to protect your assets and a therapist because, if you do want to save your relationship, you're going to need it. See if she'll agree to couples counseling. If not, go by yourself to help you through the process. Good luck!

cherokee5975 2

Tell that bitch to hit the road!

That stuff annoys me. Communicate with each other! People aren't mind readers.

And the mystery of understanding women continues! Good luck!!