By Anonymous - 08/06/2013 19:01 - Australia - Perth

Today, I found out why my daughter eats so many sugary baked goods. According to her, when you bake things, all the sugar and calories are "released" and so you can't gain weight from it. It seems I raised a moron. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 625
You deserved it 9 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think she's confused with cooking food to kill bacteria ! Hahahah she's needs to take a nutrition class , poor girl

SirTalkaton 22

We have the cure for obesity, just bake everything! Hooray!

Comments

Make sure she goes to school, all hope is not lost yet!

catkat1988 17

Aww, that's really funny, actually. I think I'm gonna exercise that theory, too, I'm trying to lose weight. Haha! Give the girl a break, she's probably just a kid or young teen. Took me a while to understand the whole deal about calories as well, when I was a kid, and it's a crazy world we live in where kids are expected to know which foods are high in calories and which aren't - and what processes may lower/raise calorie content. When I was 13 I was trying to be healthy and lose weight (which is crazy in itself), but I didn't understand that white bread actually has a lot of calories relative to how much it fills you up, and is thus not very healthy. Kids are supposed to be kids, let them be (and for the record, parents are supposed to be parents, and not let their kids eat tons of unhealthy food).

Well bake in some crickets that will give some protein...or make them from a different base...

I always thought it was if you break pieces off before eating- it breaks the molecular chain of the calories and they dissipate before you eat it. Just sayin'

Squeaky_Tomato 14

My mom always said that if you eat the broken cookies/chips/crackers/etc all the calories have fallen out (it doesn't count if you break the food yourself, it has to come broken).

You didn't 'seem' to raise a moron, you absolutely did raise a moron. Well done! >{

If only she were right, though... that would make my day :).

Yes, this is stupid, but don't tell me you didn't wish it was true.

I hope I'm not the only one who whised this could be true.

Lol. Called his daughter a "moron". Just tell her the truth op.