By SummerTime98 - 27/10/2009 05:44 - Canada

Today, a man came up to me asking for my name. Thinking he was trying to hit on me, I rudely gave him a fake name. He thanked me and walked away. I continued to watch him leaving until I saw him ask another woman for her name and took out a wallet and showed it to her. It was my lost wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 844
You deserved it 64 705

Top comments

YDI for thinking every guy coming up to ya is gonna hit on ya

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't, if she treats people like shit for trying to return her wallet but she thinks the world is about her and she's too good for everyone. YDI for being a bitch

jts2 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SummerTime98 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wow, I wonder who's fault that is =_= I don't blame the guy. You were pretty rude. No matter what the tone, just don't jump to conclusions. It's one of the worst things you can do.

americayay 0

Bitchy or not, don't pay him to get the wallet back. Call the police and tell them he won't return what's rightfully yours.

Reyo 2

OP: "Oh no, someone wants to know something as innocent as my name! He must be a homicidal rapist who kicks puppies!" That's you.

americayay 0
Veritas143 0

I bet the OP kicks puppies too...

That's mean. Not everyone in the world is evil you know.

greenltrn2003 0

I kick puppies...national passtime my nation anyway. either way...what is a fake name gonna do to a person you dont want to flirt with you. and whats the use in being rude if you're gonna lie anyway. jus make you seem like that BIGGEST bitch sorry (not really) but jeez...$50? thats a hell of a finders fee but at least be out of some rather than all

hippyman933 0

lmao, who kicks puppies. That made me laugh #89

LOL ohh good one.. that's you... classic!! kicks puppies lol

Kennzz 0

Wouldn't there have been some form of ID in the wallet with your picture on it???

You deserve it, really. Not all the guys out there are the same. "Oh, yeah, he had a flirty tone and looked suspicious". I find it amusing that he wanted you to pay for the wallet, really.

61: Haha you deserved that. He was clearly making you pay a bitch fee. Don't be so up yourself in future.

and walking him to your car to get the ID didn't occur to you?

Really guys? Stop being assholes. OP was just being cautious (yes, maybe a little rude, but come on, at least half of us would have done the same). No need to berate her for trying to be careful in a world full of assholes.

I dont agree. How is it being full of herself if she is being cautious? Does anyone realized tht there are so many creeps out there and the way this man vibes were was just creepy to her. To all of you thinking she is rude. Maybe you are the rude. Go ahead and disagree but this is my opinion.

YDI for thinking every guy coming up to ya is gonna hit on ya

I_piss_red_bull 0

YDI, get over yourself....tubby

I agree, ask. Don't think your all that and a bag of chips. Because your apparently a happy meal without the toy.

You deserve it for being a conceited bitch.

Ariel881 0

Did this other woman happen to look exactly like you? I'm sure he went up to you because you look like the person on your driver's license. Why did he pull the wallet out when he showed it to the other woman, when she obviously gave her own name and why did he not pull the wallet out when he was talking to you?

Maybe they had a common name, like Jen or something. If a stranger asked me for my name, I'd only tell my first name.

boatkicker 4

Sweety, here's a smarter way to handle it. "Hey, what's your name?" "Jen" "Jen what?" "Why?" And see here's where things get different. If he says "cause you're beautiful" you say "thank you," and walk away. If he says something like "cause I want you" you just walk away. No words needed. If he says "because I found a wallet and I want to see if it's yours?" you say your last name. Usually, a random guy whose going to hit on you won't bother asking your last name. Also, not all guys are going to hit on you. Are you one of those girls who walks down the street and thinks every person who drives by who glances over at you is 'checking you out?' I really hope not. I can't stand those people.

SummerTime98 0

LMFAO thanks, yes I shall totally do that next time. But I've had bad experiences in the past and I wasn't thinking this man actually wanted my own good lol.

boatkicker 4

I have too. Quite a few bad experiences actually. Used to ride the bus. Drunk 60-year-old fat unwashed man, standing even though there were open seats and falling in my lap and grabbing my boob 'to keep him from falling' and then not getting up right away.When he finally got up used my boob, again, to help him stand back up, where he decided to flirt with me. Creepiest experience ever, and I couldn't even leave. Then there were a few that we (me and the rest of the daily riders) watched out for like 'thigh guy' who would stroke your thighs if he was beside you, and that blond guy who would stare down your shirt if he could find an angle that let him see, regardless of how obvious he was being.

People lie when they know there's a prize available. I would think nothing of it if someone walked up to me and asked my name, but if they ask my name and have the wallet in hand, in automatically going to try to get my hands on the wallet. (Not really)

soooooooooo deserve it. why are people like that.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Hope you ran after him once you knew it was your wallet.

perdix 29

Sucks to be you. Now you have to give this guy a cash reward for returning your wallet. If you had played your cards right, you could have gotten away with rewarding him with a tugjob.