By boop snoop - 01/09/2019 16:00 - United States

Today, the power at work was out. This would be fine, if they didn’t make me stay for another hour to wait for it to come back on in the Texas heat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 569
You deserved it 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm in Arizona and the same thing happened to me last week, except it was me, two coworkers, and about 30 children who were already hot and sweaty from the game we'd just finished playing. May the end of summer come quickly, eh?

Were you not already aware that it gets "sorta warm" in AZ in the summertime???

Comments

At least you were safe from the many mass shootings that go on in Texas. Luckily, the new laws that go in effect today will make it better for the "good guys with guns" to put down the bad guys.

I'm in Arizona and the same thing happened to me last week, except it was me, two coworkers, and about 30 children who were already hot and sweaty from the game we'd just finished playing. May the end of summer come quickly, eh?

Were you not already aware that it gets "sorta warm" in AZ in the summertime???

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here so I'll just add some more detail I guess. I've lived in Arizona for 20 years, so I do know how hot it gets. Part of my job is assisting in an after-school program for kids. We've been playing indoor games lately because it's too hot to bring them outside for very long. We have AC inside our building. The power cutting out was completely unexpected and was an issue stemming from the city's electric company, not something we did. We stayed inside, everyone had water, and within about 30 minutes the power came back on. Trust that this wasn't a case of stupidity or poor planning. Just an unexpected power outage that we worked around.