By Anonymous - 22/08/2016 11:49 - Australia

Today, I found out that one of my colleagues believes that aliens built the pyramids. No amount of logical reasoning or evidence has had any effect on his argument of, "but you can't prove they didn't." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 507
You deserved it 1 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Only a fool believes that aliens built the pyramids. They were obviously built by the Illuminati. Why else do you think they're in the shape of a triangle?

"Yes, I can." "Well, then do it. Prove aliens didn't build the pyramids." "I already did. Prove I didn't."

Comments

Attacksloth 33

Immature of him, but unless you can prove beyond doubt how the pyramids were built, you have no claim to absolute truth either. For the record, no I do not think pyramids were built by E.T.

Its his view of pyramids why the hell it has to be an FML for OP. its like saying my neighbour doesnt eat bacon FML.

I love that argument, it's how I (jokingly) persuaded someone to admit that magic could theoretically be real - he even used science to end up proving my point, it was awesome. Seriously though, that is the thought process behind a lot of the world's beliefs. It's how people have hope that there are better things out there than what they can see and experience everyday. If this guy wants to believe in aliens, let him; he's not hurting anyone.

What common folk call magic is simply undiscovered science.

But we can't see science either. We can't see gravity, forces, waves, energy, any of that stuff. So by that logic people who believe in science would be no different than people who believe in a religion/deity(s).

No. One has evidence--even physical evidence, and one has none. If it was all built oin faith, you wouldn't not be typing on your keyboard, and the pyramids would not be built. We would not have forks to eat with, nor hammers to pound. There would be no simple machines, nor complex ones, like that mobile phone, who's technology could take you beyond the moon/. I mean, who would be an idiot enough to go to space in a machine built by faith? I can make you one out of cardboard and wish real hard, and that would be on equal footing with Belief.

What an idiot...obviously they were built by the illuminati

Explain to him a little something called "Burden of Proof". Basically, the person making the more extraordinary claim is the one who is required to prove his claim. In this case, he's the one who is claiming that aliens built the pyramids, so he is the one who has to prove it. Otherwise, he loses the argument.

... So what? Stop putting down people's beliefs.

There's no evidence OP did put down his beliefs ;)

Beliefs are not sacred. If they're bullshit, they should be treated as such.

It's a waste of time to argue with fools.

There is actually quite a bit of evidence showing aliens were the cause of not only the pyramids but quite a bit of other historical building formations as well