By Uknowwh - 04/11/2009 01:12 - United States

Today, I found out that my best friend and the guy I had a crush on for 2 years are getting married. The worst part is that they've been dating for 2 years in secret, and just came out about it now. I've been telling her for 2 years how much I like him, and she's encouraged me the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 271
You deserved it 4 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dc_elite 0

that sux but u should of made the move earlier and ur friend is a fake bitch

Comments

same thing happened to me a year and a half ago, she should now be your ex-friend! she probably started dating him after you told her that you liked him, that's why it was secret.

startafire 0

Don't put up with that shit. Kick your friend to the curb and find some people who won't backstab you!

I was about to submit a similar fml... Except that I know it's my own goddamn fault that my best friend is dating the girl that had a crush on me for about a year...

I actually just had this happen to me, except it was that I was dating a guy, he broke up with me with the intention of dating my friend, she told me she wouldn't date him because it would make her "feel bad that she was hurting me" and was actually encouraging him to come back to me. Later I find out she was lying the whole time (not that I should've expected differently; she has a history of lying) and pretty much has every intention of dating him. And now I think she's wondering why I've been avoiding her. Mine wasn't for 2 years, so it's not like I wasted a lot of my life pining after him, but... I'm upset. As would be, I think, the OP. So I'm sorry, OP. I sympathize. But acting on your feelings might have been a good idea. And in your defense: it's hard to figure out what's going on between two people when you really have no reason to suspect that there is. *sigh*

jacobithegreat 0

1. get a new friend 2. ydi for waiting for 2 years to make a move!

Soup_fml 0

Aw hell, people are evil. I had practically the same thing happen to me last year. You should actually be glad you didn't say anything to your crush, or else it might have turned out even worse. In my case I did tell her I had feelings for her, and she just took advantage of that fact by leading me on and using me for months before I figured out what was really going on. So at least only one of them lied to you instead of playing you from both sides. If you're the vindictive sort, you could take comfort in the fact that he'll probably divorce her once he figures out how dishonest and manipulative she is.

Flutist 3

You are pathetic, but you do not deserve to be lied to.

bsias4ever 0

You fail. Who waits 2 years to tell someone? FAIL

perdix 29

Your best friend must be MUCH hotter than you. If she has the ovaries to be telling you for two years, "Try to steal my boyfriend," she must know that you have no chance. The worst part is that on their dates, they probably laugh their asses off at you and your pathetic and futile attempts to nail him. YL is, indeed, F'ed!

MaddogTotten 0

Awesome. Comparing ovaries to balls. Pure win. Pure win.

music_baby224 0

i'm gonna have to agree. the ovaries thing, very classy.

Omg...I would be so effing pissed off at my friend...It wouldnt even be funny, no matter what anyone says how two years is a long time...blah,blah, blah crap. It is still 100% totally uncool that your friend led you towards him and did not even have the ******* balls to tell you. I would never trust my friend again. Guys you can always get over and new ones will come along but for two ******* years you confided in your friend who you had feelings for and she couldnt even be like p.s. I am seeing that someone, oh and p.s. we're so into one another we are seriously thinking about getting MARRIED!!! no way...thats ******* sneaky and snakey! **** that!